PDA

View Full Version : what to use?

axe_man16
06-19-2007, 03:50 PM
as of right now i am using a turkey baster to feed my anemone and corals in my nano. it doesnt seem to be the best thing to use. i found the Kent feeding prong on the j & L site, would that be something worth getting. plus what would be the best food for the corals (i have blastamoussa, GBTA, sandpolyps, a small finger leather, favia, and a green open brain)

thanks

Der_Iron_Chef
06-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I think it would be really difficult to use tongs for things like mysis. And obviously, if you end up feeding something like cyclopeeze, it would be impossible! I jerry-rigged a bent piece of airline tubing on the end of my turkey baster, so it works a little more precisely. When I feed the open brain bigger chunks, I just use chopsticks. lol. (Hey, I lived in Korea for a time, so I figured I should make good use of my acquired skills :mrgreen:)

The GBTA will eat mysis, silversides (cut up), or other pieces of raw shrimp/squid/etc. cut up so that it will fit inside its mouth. I'm not sure what sand polyps are, and I wouldn't personally attempt to spot feed the leather. The blasto and open brain will gobble up all the mysis or small meaty bits you can give it, as well as cyclopeeze.

axe_man16
06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
chopsticks.... i love it. going to try that

thanks 4 the idea

axe_man16
06-19-2007, 04:25 PM
and the "sand polyps" r burgandy in color with a green slit in the middle. the name sand polyp is what was on the tag at the LFS. probly not the right name cause i can not find any info on it at all

Der_Iron_Chef
06-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Sounds like some sort of palythoa or protopalythoa.