PDA

View Full Version : Vortech Noise

Aflac
06-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Hey guys,

I was curious if any of you out there are having any problems aligning the vortech pump.

I've done everything I can to line the thing up and it just doesn't seem to want to get quiet at all. I don't expect it to be completely silent but it sounds awful right now.

If anyone has any tips or ideas it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

niloc16
06-18-2007, 02:47 AM
-what is the thickness of your glass?

-do you have the motor side pad adjusted properly for your glass thickness? if you do adjust for a thicker glass thickness to create a little stronger magnet attraction.

-disassemble the powerhead side and check your bearing play. the manual for it tells how to check this play.

-within the powerhead side do you have the black spacer installed or the white/clear spacer?

how long have you been running it? one of mine took a week to quiet up and the other a month.

all else fails throw it out the window:wink:

Aflac
06-19-2007, 03:11 AM
My glass is 3/8" thick and I've tried both 1/2 and 3/8 settings on the pump.

The problem I run into is that it'll be quiet right when I adjust it and then it's like it's slipping down the glass or moving slightly that's causing it to vibrate.

I might have to take it apart like you said and check to see if something is wrong.

Just a little frustrated with it all right now.

I'll set it up at night quiet as can be and by the time I wake up it sounds like the tank is going to shake apart.

albert
07-24-2007, 06:11 PM
I also had trouble with one of my Vortech pumps slipping down on the glass when I first bought it. I had to clean the glass really well before it would finally stay in place. It has been running quietly now for six months.