PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Caulerpa prolifera and maybe C. crassifolia

Delphinus
06-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Looking for blade caulerpa in particular, and maybe feather caulerpa.

Not the grape stuff though!

Let me know if you have some you'd like to get rid of. Many thanks ...

PS. Yes I know caulerpa is bad.

Diana
06-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Too bad your not in Van.... I have bags of prolifera. ;) If anyone local wants some, let me know.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Diana,

If you can get those bags or a bag to me, I can send it off to him in Calgary.

Just an option.

Anthony

Delphinus
06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I was just gonna say, if you don't mind wrapping up some in a wet paper towel and then stuff it into an envelope or small thermos or something and then overnight it to me, I'll happily reimburse the shipping costs on top of whatever you may want for you time/trouble. :)

MikeP
06-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Tony, I've got a pretty empty fuge on my new tank. If Diana is able to send enough for us to share we can split the shipping and any additional costs.

Diana
06-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Anthony, I dont mind getting some to you so you can ship it off to them, I'm just too busy to do it myself! hehe. ;) After all, this is all the "spawn" of stuff you gave me years ago.

I have a couple other parties coming by to get some... but trust me... there is enough to go around. :) I will be home this evening and possibly tommorow afternoon....

:)
-Diana

trilinearmipmap
06-15-2007, 07:45 PM
OK here is how to ship plants (should work the same for macroalgae). I have done this a lot.

Take a plastic bag, put in the plant, put in a small sheet of wet newspaper or paper towel. You don't need a lot, just a moisture source to keep the humidity up, there is no need to ship the plant/algae wet.

You can send a small box with your plant by Canada Post 3-day express mail, mail it on a Monday, it will get there within 2-3 days, it costs $7.00. If you are really cheap, put it in a padded mailing envelope and mail it for about $2.81

If anyone has feather caulerpa I would appreciate some. Also any other strange or exotic algae, I am starting up a macroalgae tank.

0sprey
06-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I have some of this (feather caulerpa, I believe):
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w7/ospreypatronus/100_1103.jpg
And this (which I think is Red Gracilaria):
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w7/ospreypatronus/100_1060.jpg

Pickup in Okotoks. Sorry, but I won't ship.

Snappy
06-18-2007, 05:07 AM
[quote=0sprey;256412]
And this (which I think is Red Gracilaria):
quote]
I'm 99.9% sure that is Halymenia. They are similar but still quite different.

0sprey
06-18-2007, 03:47 PM
That's entirely possible. Every site I posted ID threads on has had a different opinion. All I know for sure is that it's pretty and grows very quickly, given the right conditions. It volunteered after I upgraded my lighting. Desperately needs to be pruned soon, so if no-one here is interested, I'll be dragging in a bunch of it to Colby at Elite to go with the other stuff I often sell him.