PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Spiders on the Glass?

Pier Pressure
06-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Okay I have had several snail hatchings in my tank and know what the baby snails look like, from the time they are eggs to the time they are tiny snails.

But yesterday when I was going to clean the front of the glass, I noticed a cloudy patch and upon closer inspection it looks like a bunch of tiny little spiders, all contained within one area. They are super small and white or clear in colour.

Anyone ever seen this? What is it ?

MWelch
06-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey-
I had one of those as well. I took it in to Elite Aquatics to see if they could identify it-but to no avail. They are creepy looking little things that's for sure.
~M

justinl
06-12-2007, 08:43 PM
well pods dont look like spiders but maybe that's it?
http://www.bbsr.edu/biodiversity/creaturefeature/cf_copepod/copepod.jpeg

or maybe baby brittle stars? there's a few people on here that have had tons of baby brittles before.

Pier Pressure
06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
No they do not look at all like that. I have a ton of brittle stars, though, so it is very likely they are brittle star babies. They just look like teeny, microscopic spiders.

MWelch
06-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Right-but they don't move the same way a brittle star moves. They look like transparent spiders that are only about the size of a peppercorn or smaller. They are very strange looking.
~M

Pier Pressure
06-13-2007, 02:33 PM
I betcha that is what they are for sure.

They are now gone off of the glass now so I am thinking somebody or something likes to snack on them. Or maybe they moved into the rocks.

I am just glad they are not some kind of infestation!