PDA

View Full Version : pods

digitalsteve
06-12-2007, 04:06 AM
i need pods really bad... i cant induce my mandarin to eat frozen for nothing , i had a massive population of pods and he decimated them to the point where he is unfortunately starving.

if anyone is willing to donate a sizeable portion of pods or sell me a bunch i would be eternally grateful. i want to get him back to health so i can pass him on to someone in good health or continue to raise him myslf by introducing a sustainable pods population via cheato or whatever.

sorry for the long windedness

Thanks Again

Karen Marlin
06-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Hi, sorry about your fish,, I had luck feeding flying fish eggs (roe) those little orange sushi eggs, can get them at a chinese grocery or sushi place.
sometimes they'll eat those off the sand...good luck,

Carrera75
06-12-2007, 05:40 AM
You can also buy pods at Ocean Aquatics but they are not cheap. I think the Mandarin will be better off in a bigger tank.

http://oceanaquatics.com/store/product/381/Tigger-Pods/

Good luck

MikeP
06-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I have heard good things about the tiger pods in the link posted above. Have you tried bloodworms? My mandarin started to eat them (as well as mysis but I'm sure you tried that :) ).

Okguy
06-12-2007, 04:30 PM
I came across this on RC a couple of days ago

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1017583

You can build a couple of these and pass them out to some friends to build up the pod population (or seed with Tiger pods). This could provide a permanent solution for you, as the pods will always have a safe place to reproduce and keep their number up.

justinl
06-12-2007, 05:13 PM
for the shoprt term i would invest in the pods from oceanaquatics. build a few of the pod condos like okguy suggested, or get a HOB fuge... or both. i dont see why not. good luck

digitalsteve
06-13-2007, 09:16 PM
i think its time to build a few pods hotels

NateL
06-14-2007, 12:16 AM
We were in the same situation... lots of pods+mandarin=few pods,+fuge=fat mandarin and healthy pod population. Get a fuge! Those podcondos will help alot though.