PDA

View Full Version : Something is snacking on my xenia...?

Pier Pressure
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi, everybody.

Every single day my xenia seems to be missing more and more of its pulsing thingies. I am afraid somebody is eating it, but am unsure what is known to snack on xenia. My hermits seem to spend a lot of time with it and so does the arrow crab.

Tank inhabitants include:

true perc, royal gramma, firefish, some sort of blue and yellow damsel;

hermit crabs, an arrow crab, snails, a sea apple, gbt anemone, sebae anemone, tube anemone, bristle stars, bristle worms (I have some big ones, too), a red star fish, and many little white starfish.

Does anything on this list like the taste of xenia? Thanks for letting me know!

King of the Sea
06-12-2007, 02:14 AM
i have a tiger cowrie that eats it and anthelia too. took along time to figure out it was him:sad:

J.Lloy
06-12-2007, 04:10 AM
My bet is on the damsel, had one that was fine for a couple months then it started taking the heads off.

Pier Pressure
06-12-2007, 02:20 PM
So I guess I just have to watch really closely and actually catch somebody eating it. I do not think it is the damsel only because he is the newest addition to the tank and it was happening before I got the damsel.

This is a lot harder and more complicated than freshwater, that is for sure!

fishytime
06-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Thats the big one you got from vic? Hopefully you can get it figured out. That was a beautiful piece. Speaking of getting things figured out, how are you doing with the pic thing. I just might have to take you up on that offer to come and see your tank:razz: