06-11-2007, 03:32 PM
how often do you clean your injectors?
weekly?
monthly?

do you do a vinegar soak?
scrub with a brush?

Delphinus
06-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Weekly. For the most part I just take it apart and rinse it and put it back together. ie., make sure there's no debris in there, little snail shells, etc. If it's really rank I'll take a paper towel and wipe it off. I haven't had to soak it in vinegar although I suppose that would help keep it super clean too. For the most part I just want no slime in there, and no particulate debris, with that done it seems to work fine enough.

robzilla
06-11-2007, 07:36 PM
thanks for the info.
i'll be taking it apart tonight :)

Jason McK
06-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I have also found that the air hole need to be cleaned every few month aswell it gets quite resticted with salt build up

J

robzilla
06-18-2007, 03:27 PM
the skimmer stopped producing bubbles... time to clean the injector
when i took apart the injector, the little holes were filled up with little bits of stuff,
need to do this weekly to ensure this skims effeceintly

Delphinus
06-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I totally notice a falloff in foam production if the injector gets dirty.

I myself haven't had trouble with the air holes clogging, but, it doesn't surprise me that you might need to scrape those out on a weekly basis.

At any rate, yeah, in general, I find you totally need to have that injector taken apart and rinsed or cleaned or at least wiped down, once per week. I imagine if one had the time to do it even more often than that, that the skimmer would be having better performance.

robzilla
06-18-2007, 06:03 PM
do you find the water level changing in the inside the skimmer?
do you adjust the gate valve constantly? with an external supply pump i didnt think the level of the water in the sump mattered but seems like it does.
your thoughts?

Jason McK
06-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I currently have the skimmer running externally (actually on a bucket above the water line) and I never have to play with the water level. If it changes I know I have some cleaning to do.
when it was in the sump I created a compartment that did not lower do to evap. this maintained a constant water level

J

kari
06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
An air flow meter on the injector air intake is handy to let you know when to clean it.

robzilla
06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
and putting them together correctly makes a big difference in the amount of air you get :) !!