PDA

View Full Version : Yikes....not sure what to do.....help!!!

Jenndarlin
06-10-2007, 12:35 AM
My fish friends arn't answering their phones so I thought I would try this....Overnight my colt coral got loose from my current attempts at restraint. It got sucked 1/2 into the intake valve for my maxi-jet 1200. It is not 1/2 inside, 1/2 outside the little slats in the valve. Pics attached....

I don't know how to get him out of there short of breaking the plastic and I don't want to "rip" him in the process.

Thanx
Jenn

Farrmanchu
06-10-2007, 12:43 AM
I would buy a new strainer, or make a DIY one. As for the old strainer, it's now a custom Frag Plug. If the Colt doesn't die from it's adventure, removing it from the strainer might. If it lives, as is, it'll grow out all over that thing, might be a new frag technique.

Jenndarlin
06-10-2007, 01:58 AM
lol....thanks

I do have an extra as they come with two attachments & I have 3 so I have a few extra's. Good to know not to take it out... whats DIY??? I was going to break it apart so now I"ll wait and see if it makes it thru??

Thanx for the advice
Jenn

argileh
06-10-2007, 02:25 AM
DIY= Do It Yourself

Jenndarlin
06-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Wow... I can't believe it but somehow he pulled about 90% of himself out of the strainer and I used some needle nose pliers to break open every other slat which made enough room for him to pull himself the rest of the way out!!!!.

More Good News!! In his ordeal he split so now I have two colt corals!!!! and one of them has finally decided to attach to something so now I only have to tie the other one down!!!.

I'm really shocked but he is so resilient.

Thanx for the adivce!!
Jenn

UnderWorldAquatics
06-12-2007, 01:39 AM
if it happens again, drop him in a freshwater dip and then pull him out...