PDA

View Full Version : FS frogfish in GVRD

justinl
06-07-2007, 10:18 PM
4.5 inch Antennarius pictus (gorws up to 5.5 inches). brown but very well may change colour given what environment you put it in. I want this guy out ASAP or else he takes a trip to the lfs. all your fish should be nearly as large or larger than this guy. a nice thing to note is that he will actually sift your sand wherever he goes just by breathing.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/march_29_uil2007_60gal_cam_testing_031.jpg

im asking 30$ but ill be flexible.

Justin

justinl
06-10-2007, 06:17 AM
bump

Chaloupa
06-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Man is he CUTE! Other than eating other fish in the tank that are small...what are his special needs? How does he feed? Does he capture frozen on his own or do you target feed?

justinl
06-10-2007, 07:07 PM
cute? lol if you insist. Ive not fed him frozen but according to J&L they had him eating krill and silvesides just fine. you have to use a feeding stick but it's not hard. i havent fed him frozen because like you said, he eats smaller fish... like a neon goby and a 3inch lion (that's about the most he can manage in terms of size). the lion alone is about a months worth of food for him. sigh... i shoulda known better though.

no really special needs that i can think of. they're prety hardy, need at least 15gallons, dont move a lot. feed 2-3 a week, a silverside (or krill) or two.