PDA

View Full Version : who uses Kent marine salt mix?

fishface
06-07-2007, 02:16 AM
could someone please tell me what kind of spec's you're getting with this mix such as Ca, alk, and Mg and at whatever SG it's mixed at. i would greatly appreciate it for all who use it and know these stats to chime in.

thanks,

fishface
06-12-2007, 04:31 PM
no one here throw a guy a bone on this one?? c'mon now! :mrgreen:

Der_Iron_Chef
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I used to use it, but at the time, wasn't testing my levels. Sorry! I use another mix right now that I much prefer, simply because it mixes up MUCH more quickly!

Good luck finding what you need.

christyf5
06-12-2007, 04:53 PM
For the most part, the buckets I had came out at 420 ppm Ca and 7.8 Alk at 1.026. Never tested for Mg but my tank was always around 1350 or so.

fishface
06-12-2007, 04:55 PM
thanks, seems like the last few buckets of 2 different brands of salt have both been very low in ca, alk and pH. from what i recall, when i used kent...the numbers were much closer to being in line with what i was looking for.

Delphinus
06-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I stopped using Kent after their bad batch incident last year (or was it two years ago now? Not sure). Anyhow, that was sort of the start of my tank troubles and sure enough, when I tested my alk levels they were rock-bottom. Like many others I sent in my "two pounds of sample" to them to confirm I too had a bad batch, but unlike everyone else they didn't bother sending me a replacement bucket. I said, fine, if they don't want me as their customer, there are plenty of other salt mixes to buy. I won't be touching their products ever again.

Chowder
06-13-2007, 03:09 AM
Same reason I don't use it anymore but I got a bucket and a $42 dollar customs charge. All together with what I spent to get my free bucket it would have been cheaper to go and buy a new one.:biggrin:

EmilyB
06-13-2007, 06:50 AM
I've always used Kent after one attempt at switching to Instant Ocean with all four tanks in instant hair algae....

I missed out on the bad batch I guess, but my Ca levels are always 420 plus, I'll have to test out the fresh sw mix to get the other levels for you. They've never been a concern so it has been a while since I have tested.