PDA

View Full Version : My First Tank

Sam1969
05-29-2007, 02:02 AM
ok .. Its my first tank, so if you see somthing I'm doing wrong .. LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

44 gal main tank, drilled with 20 gal sump, 2 x 250 MH, moonlights, seaclone skimmer, 80lbs of LS, and only 10 lbs of LR so far.. ( looking for another 50 lbs ).

I bought most of the setup second hand and had to build a new stand and hood to accomodate the lights. re-plumb the entire tank and sump ( glad thats over ) have had the tank running with LS & LR for about a week now. Getting anxious to put more rock in so I can start putting in some coral.

fishytime
05-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Sounds good so far except maybe the seaclone skimmer. No experience with one personally but I havent read very many good things about them.
I think with a couple mods some guys have got them working well.

Ruth
05-29-2007, 03:50 AM
Sounds good so far Sam1969. You will definately need more live rock but you already know that:lol: Maybe try and post a couple of pictures and people will be able to help you out a bit.
One thing you will have to be mindful of with 2 250W MH lights over a 44g tank is that you will have to manage heat and there are a variety of ways to do that from a chiller to fans to ice to....etc..... you get the picture.

kwirky
05-29-2007, 05:32 AM
Sounds good so far Sam1969. You will definately need more live rock but you already know that:lol: Maybe try and post a couple of pictures and people will be able to help you out a bit.
One thing you will have to be mindful of with 2 250W MH lights over a 44g tank is that you will have to manage heat and there are a variety of ways to do that from a chiller to fans to ice to....etc..... you get the picture.

just put some duncans in there. you'd have such a cool tank you wouldn't need a chiller ;)