PDA

View Full Version : Frag Fest 2007

Scavenger
05-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi, me again!

I'm starting this thread as Anthony suggested to discuss who's coming, what'cha bringing ect. I'll check in as much as I can but I'll let you guys carry the ball here.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Anthony's list:

Some "blueberry" zoo frags.
Assorted other zoo frags (colourful)
Assorted mushroom frags
A few Red Fromia starfish
Red Halimenia macroalgae
Chaeto macroalgae
Packs of 50 sheets of Nori

Possibly:
some frogspawn
trumpet/candycanes
colt coral

for food: I'll bring a big 1.5 kg pack of Harvest Beef Weiners I just picked up from Costco if someone else local can supply the buns & condiments. Don't want to crush the buns bringing them from Burnaby.

Anthony

May be able to bring over some small stuff from the Lower Mainland LFS.

marie
05-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I just fragged around 30 ricordea this morning, some are spoken for the rest are up for trade (I'm looking for sps frags mostly :biggrin: )

I also have an unlimited supply of purple tip, green and orange montipora digitata, yellow monti cap and maybe some purple cap.

For the potluck bbq I'll bring some dessert, nobody wants to eat my potato salad after its been sitting in the car for 4 hours :razz:

christyf5
05-28-2007, 08:50 PM
I just fragged around 30 ricordea this morning, some are spoken for the rest are up for trade (I'm looking for sps frags mostly :biggrin: )

I also have an unlimited supply of purple tip, green and orange montipora digitata, yellow monti cap and maybe some purple cap.

For the potluck bbq I'll bring some dessert, nobody wants to eat my potato salad after its been sitting in the car for 4 hours :razz:

Marie, lets talk ricordea :wink:

I will have frags of the following. Probably just a couple of each.
1. yellow birdsnest
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/christyf5/DSCN6100.jpg

2. Pavona

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/christyf5/DSCN6097.jpg

3. Pink birdsnest with purple polyps

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/christyf5/DSCN6091.jpg

4.tenuis (one frag probably)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/christyf5/DSCN6078.jpg

5. mini colony of pink birdsnest (different from above). Its lookin a bit rough lately but some TLC will bring it back.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/christyf5/DSCN6070.jpg

6. Tiny frag of purple acro (mother colony pictured, frag broke off during move).
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/christyf5/DSCN5432.jpg

7. blue tipped acro (pic does not do it justice, colony is brown with baby blue tips, fast grower)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/christyf5/Dscn5041.jpg

Plus a few more that I need to take some pics of.

IPZ
05-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey :)

I should be able to make the " Frag Fest ". I will have nothing to trade but will be able to buy any frags that are available. PM me if you have extras and we can work something out.
If anyone is in need of supplies, Salt, food ect, from my store I can always bring those along as well.

Cheers...
Scott

whiteice669
05-29-2007, 02:31 AM
those are some nice pieces, I love to get some, inc some of Marie's ricordias, but have nothing to trade yet,

milesj250
05-29-2007, 04:42 AM
new to salt water hobbie. my name is milesj250, i live in ladysmith. i have a 240 g reef tank with mostly indo-pac fish. looking forward to meeting people in my area into salt water. i will be attending frag fest. let me know if i should bring anything? can't wait to meet you guys.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-29-2007, 05:12 AM
Are you Dead_by_Dawn's friends by any chance?:razz: You don't have to admit anything.:wink:

Anthony

fishmaster
05-29-2007, 06:01 AM
I can't make it down to the meet, but I have a few frags I can send down with Sarah. Pleased pm if interested.
Shaun1567

fishmaster
05-29-2007, 06:09 AM
I have a couple more but I'm having trouble with the attachment...stay tuned.

reeferaddict
05-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Well! I certainly don't have anything that nice to frag these days! I think I'll just bring my wallet! haha

more1020
05-29-2007, 08:30 AM
I will try to join and would like to get some zoo frags. :biggrin:

Chaloupa
05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
I have 2 very very large colt corals on rock each weighing over 3lbs, 1 large leather coral, and some Kenya Tree frags, mushrooms of varying color....will post pics later, if anyone is interested in the large corals I would bring them with me....but they are LARGE....I am interested in $$, easy SPS, Ricordea and zoos. PM me if interested in them at all, so I can plan it.....they would be excellent choices for newer large tanks that need some colonies and have spaces to fill!

I can bring Caesar Salad if that's ok, if there is any other items in need such as buns etc let me know as I can bring that too....any thought to having a 50/50 draw? It would help cover meat and miscellaneous supplies PLUS someone ends up a winner....let me know if any interest in it and I will grab tickets....it will be my husband, myself and possibly one of our kids.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Chaloupa/FTS.jpg

here is the colt...one in the centre and one is behind it....the front one is very very large, the toad on the right is the one I would like to sell also....sorry for the photo skills or LACK thereof!

christyf5
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm bringing the "hello, my name is... stickers" :razz:

milesj250
05-29-2007, 07:50 PM
ya i hate to say it i know him. SHHHH don't tell any one

Chaloupa
05-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Christy! Thank you, I was going to suggest it...but forgot...I hate being introduced to someone and then not knowing their name 10 minutes later:redface:

Midknight
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Ok, is there a time and place?
Some of us mainlanders might want to join. :wink:

Chaloupa
05-31-2007, 12:34 AM
To add to my corals for sale/trade...if anyone is interested I have a pair of Gold Stripe Maroon clowns that I would trade or sell. let me know via PM and I can bring them (cooler, etc etc to go with them)

PoonTang
05-31-2007, 03:36 AM
Ill be there too. Going to bring a branching frogspawn frag and a few shrooms. Hey it's all I got so far :sad: Also have a Clarkii Clown if anyone is interested in him. Let me know if you want anything specific, food wise, brought along.

Johnny Reefer
05-31-2007, 04:24 AM
Can't make it. Work that day. Maybe next year. Thanx for hosting, Scav.

Cheers,

lukep77
05-31-2007, 03:59 PM
So I will be there, with $$$$$ in hand. I dont know what Iam looking for exactly, But I was thinking of getting a couple of diferant mushrooms, I already have some purples but was thinking of getting some others.

Oh what time are we all meeting?

I could bring down some Pop and Juice if that is ok with cupps.

marie
06-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Unfortunately I won't be bringing any ricordias to the bbq, I lost a large portion of the frags to brown jelly this weekend and the rest don't look good :cry: .
I will bring montipora if any one wants some. I have some yellow cap, purple cap, green, orange and purple tip digi. I also have pink birdsnest i can frag

castaway
06-06-2007, 11:25 PM
I'll be bringing some softie frags and a sebae anemone if anyone is interested in it.

Chaloupa
06-06-2007, 11:28 PM
AW! Sorry to hear about your ric frags Marie! I'm always interested in your frags of SPS!

Scavenger
06-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up here. Anyway, for those that pm'ed for directions, I'll have them out soon.

We may be setting a first here. This might be the first frag meeting without a reeftank. Things have developed about a year before I thought they would. My wife and I are getting into a position to buy our first house. As the older kids have or are about to move out, we are looking at a much smaller house. I've had a great offer on my current 110 system and will be busy getting repairs and maintance done here, and I really don't forsee having the room for it (and alot of other toys) once moved. I'm taking a bit of a hiatus until settled and at that point will set up a nano or smaller tank. I will at least have some salt water in the 48 gallon to serve as a float tank for the event however.

I'm still more than willing to have you all over, but appologize if I have no tank for you to see. Perhaps other local reefers would be willing to have a tank tour after the bbq and frag swap???

I'm off to the west coast for the weekend guiding a couple of fishing charters so I'll check back on Monday and see how things are developing.

PoonTang
06-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Can somebody please bring me a big ball of Cheato. Just got my sump up and running now I need to populate it.

whiteice669
06-08-2007, 09:33 PM
ya I can bring you a wad full, with or without aptisia ?

PoonTang
06-09-2007, 04:58 AM
well i just finally got rid of my aptasia, um ya so I would perfer without please. :twised:

sea gnome
06-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Hi I have tree corals (kenya i think) and more tree corals, did I mention the tree corals?. As an added bonus I may have one dead blue chromis whose has been MIA for the last couple of hours. (Didn't come out to eat). Is anyone coming from the mainland able to pick up a clam from Wendell proir to coming over. How are you for buckets and heaters? I could bring a couple, actually I just will. Rachel

Chaloupa
06-12-2007, 03:30 AM
I have Kenya trees too (man do they multiply) frogspawn frags (bright green with pink tips....frag factory calls it crazy frog), hammer frags (green body with purple tips), also still have 2 large colts on rocks, and a large leather if anyone wants to trade for them....some cool mushrooms; dark burgandy with wedge of polka dot blue, some fluor. green, some burgandy that fluor. blue, poss the odd green striped one....only if there is interest...I'm into zoos

castaway
06-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Chaloupa I'd be interested in your frogspawn and hammer frags

Scavenger
06-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi,

I've sent directions via pm to all who requested them. If I missed you, just let me know. Anyway, as 1 of our weekend charters canceled, we had a chance to do some personal fishing so I'll have a couple of salmon to toss on the BBQ on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you all.

sea gnome
06-13-2007, 03:50 AM
I need the directions and the time to come please Rachel

sea gnome
06-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Caluolpa bring mushrooms please.... Rachel

sea gnome
06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Hi itss me again, is anyone form the mainland able to stop by Wendell's and pick up a maxima clam for me and bring it over. It would be paid for. Rachel

christyf5
06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi itss me again, is anyone form the mainland able to stop by Wendell's and pick up a maxima clam for me and bring it over. It would be paid for. Rachel

Hi Rachel,

I can do it. PM me the details :biggrin:

sea gnome
06-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks Christy Pm on way.

christyf5
06-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Ken do we have a time for this thing?

Jaws
06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Is there anyone coming over from the mainland that is planning to take the Victoria ferry back over by any chance?

Scavenger
06-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Ken do we have a time for this thing?

How does 11:00-4:30ish sound?

BCWolfen
06-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Thats a terrible time. I'm thinking more like 5:30pm till 10pm. lol
Unfortunately I will be there late in the afternoon. I initailly had Sunday off, but now I have to help with the ocean dives for the scuba class this weekend. Hopefully there will be a bit left when I get there. If not, too bad. I may send Amber up during the day with some $$ LOL

Anthony, If you still need a ride, Amber can still pick you up from the ferry and take you to Ken's. No problemo!!

Just fire me a pm or call the cell #. Ambers cell # is the same as mine except ending in 2 instead of 1. If your calling Sunday morning I'll probably be underwater by 10am LOL

marie
06-16-2007, 03:10 AM
Would anybody be interested in a small frag of my staghorn coral. This thing has amazing colouration when seen from the top and I suspect it would be even better under 400w MH. I'll also have pink birdsnest frags If anyone is interested

On a side note, the staghorn skeleton is considerably harder to cut then montipora, hence all the smaller frags that I have :mrgreen:

This is the coral I fragged a chunk off

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/may19_021.jpg

Chaloupa
06-16-2007, 04:24 AM
me me me!!:lol:

Scavenger
06-17-2007, 04:30 AM
Well I'm officially reefless now. But I have about 20 gallons of fresh water in the 48 to serve as a float tank. Hopefully keep your frags warm and cozy in their bags. I wanted to add salt, but alas, my bucket has solidified and I don't have tiime to scrape it and fluff it up.

Anyway, as I don't have frags, I will be dumping more hardware that I don't think I'll need.

1 five gallon tank
2 175 MH + 2 40w flourecent ballest box
1 five gallon bucket of recently live sand (free)
1 xp3 filter
1 ac 300 filter

Lookin forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
L8r

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-17-2007, 05:31 AM
I'll be bringing the all-beef weiners if someone local can pick up some buns. Thanks.

I'll have some red halimenia macroalgae, red fromia starfish, Hawaiian featherdusters, blue zoo frags, & maybe a few assorted small frags.

Anthony

Chaloupa
06-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Frags I'll be bringing;
#1-1 head of hammer coral $10.00
#2-2 heads of hammer coral $15.00
#3-2 heads of frogspawn bright green with bright pink tips $15.00
#4-many mushrooms by the polyp $5.00 ea?
#5-Frogspawn colony roughly 8-11 heads (some in the splitting process) incredibly healthy $55.00
#6-if their is someone that is interested I still have 1 colony of monster size colt coral....the rock it is on is large and so is the coral....they are also under 400w right now, and are doing well but would prefer less lighting than that.....I need to be PM'd to bring this one along as I don't want to bring it down and back again! $60.00
#7-Kenya trees....
the frags are not mounted on anything...just their own skeleton for positioning

All corals are incredibly healthy and doing very well....have been under 150w over 14 inches from halide and recently at the bottom of my 150g with 400w....doing well in both situations....all are up for trade also for Zoos, Micromussa or Acan polyps, or easy to keep SPS .... if you would like one reserved please let me know before 10:00am tomorrow! If you would like pictures of any PM me with your email address.

See you all there!

BCWolfen
06-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Amber will grab some buns. She's good at that. :lol:

Chaloupa
06-17-2007, 03:44 PM
and I'll be bringing chips instead of caesar salad (to hard to eat with your fingers!)

PoonTang
06-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Well I'm officially reefless now. But I have about 20 gallons of fresh water in the 48 to serve as a float tank. Hopefully keep your frags warm and cozy in their bags. I wanted to add salt, but alas, my bucket has solidified and I don't have tiime to scrape it and fluff it up.

Anyway, as I don't have frags, I will be dumping more hardware that I don't think I'll need.

1 five gallon tank
2 175 MH + 2 40w flourecent ballest box
1 five gallon bucket of recently live sand (free)
1 xp3 filter
1 ac 300 filter

Lookin forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
L8r

Dibs on the sand :)

Scavenger
06-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks for coming. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and best of luck with your new corals!

christyf5
06-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks for hosting Ken, I had a great time visiting with everyone :biggrin:

Chaloupa
06-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Thank you so much for hosting it Ken!!! Next time I think I will be on time for once so I don't miss out on all the stuff...BUT I did get some very very nice corals anyway! Thank you to everyone I got stuff from and thank you to everyone who bought my corals!!! Great putting faces to "names" on the board!

castaway
06-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Thank-you for hosting Ken.
Chaloupa Thank-you for the nice corals.

Chaloupa
06-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Welcome! I still have a colt and a frogspawn...if anyone is interested!:lol:

PoonTang
06-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Thanks for coming. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and best of luck with your new corals!

A wonderful success! Thanks for having us. Nice to meet you all, and cant wait for the next one. Off to the tank now to position all my new goodies. :smile:

marie
06-18-2007, 04:14 AM
I'm home finally:mrgreen: .My house looks like a cyclone came through, there are holy plastic bags and stryofoam peanuts everywhere and I see frags I forgot in my sandbed :redface:

Thanks for hosting the bbq Ken. I hope you can find something to do with all the salmon you have left :lol:

Scavenger
06-18-2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks for hosting the bbq Ken. I hope you can find something to do with all the salmon you have left :lol:

Ya I should have timed and planned the food a bit better. Martha Stewart I am not. Oh well live and learn.

milesj250
06-18-2007, 05:28 AM
thanks ken had a good time. nice to meet every one there.took 5 hr of rearranging my rock when i got home. thanks again to all.

miles

BCWolfen
06-18-2007, 06:47 AM
I'm sorry I missed out. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Amber enjoyed herelf...and she's not even into reefing.

Thanks Christy and Anthony for the frags!!! Thanks Ken for hosting!!
Hopefully I can make it for the next one.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Amber thanks for grabbing the buns:wink: and cooking the weiners:redface:

Thanks especially for being my driver.

Scavenger, thanks for hosting. The food was great & its too bad more reefers couldn't have stuck around to visit more.

It's after 12:30 at night & I finally finished putting away all the new corals (thanks Marie:biggrin: ) Everything has their polyps opening up already, within minutes of being positioned after hours in the bags & coolers & at least 30 minutes being handled while reaquascaping the whole right side of my tank.

It was great meeting everyone who showed up & that feeding frenzy over the frags & starfish was fun & really helped pay for the trip over.

See you all at the next one.

Anthony

lukep77
06-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Was realy looking forward to this, but I will have to cancel. We will be satying on the other side of the island that weekend now. Hope everyone has fun.