PDA

View Full Version : 90 Gal System with a Car for sale

Chaotic Cricket
05-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Hello people, I have not been on here much for awhile now. I was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, which is obviously terminal. I have come to terms with with this so please no I'm so sorry..I have had enough of them from close friends. I guess it's a bit of keeping it off my mind.

Anyways I no longer have the desire to look after my system and I wish to see a real reef before...well before.
So I make no bones I am trying to get as much cash as I can as quickly as I can.

90 gallon tank Starfire front (very thick and heavy tank)
Corner overflow.

Oh yeah it is currently sitting on a stand my friend had from a reefer he purchased from, his tank cracked...you are welcome to the stand as well, black noting fancy, but appealing and very sturdy (if he cleaned the salt creep off )
33 gallon sump (literally overflowing with featherdusters)
Brand new (6 months) Little giant pump
250-300 pounds live rock
Two little fishys reactor (currently rowaphos)
various mag drives for other pumps(carbon reactor/cannister) and powering the skimmer (red sea berlin modified)
24 inch powercompact fuge light
2x150 metal halides + PowerCompacts (Aquamedic Aquaspacelight)
2 seios (600 and 1200?) Have to double check the exact kind, been awhile since i noticed)
t5 actinic (coralife dual strip) 48 inches
various misc things (test kits chemicals)
1 full tub of oceanpure pro salt plus 1 bag.
buckets (5-20 gallon) etc etc

Snails, Crabs(emerald), 2 very big cleaner shrimp.
Ricordias (green/goldish kind)
Mushrooms (green/purple)
Green Star polyps
2 small (not quite baby) Green Bubbletips
1 Very beautiful Gold Striped Maroon Clown (possible has a home already)
1 Yellow Tang
1 Coral Beauty
1 Flame Angel
1 Big damsel (Velvet Damsel)
1 Blue/yellow tail damsel
1 Puffer (Saddle Valentini)
1 Nice fairy Wrasse (exact name escapes me at the moment)
All are extremely healthy and eat everything.
Two sand sifting starfish
and lots 'o other critters...

If setup doesn't sell I will probably give it to my friends little son...he wants it, she doesn't....

I don't want to part out as I don't have the time or patience, as it is system was transfered to a friends house for the last 4 months as I have not felt like dealing with anything. He does not have the time to have people coming over for different things either.

If there is interest I will be more specific and will add pictures if someone wants them (more than likely right? :)

Thanks guys its been great

New Price is 900 Or best offer...I'll give it 2 weeks then due to circumstances everything will get thrown out...or left in some storage place somewhere i guess.
My buddy will be using this account and setting everything up for the sale, I will be gone probably for good now....I have a few people to see before my time is done and I wish to see them all.

By the way the tank is in Olds with a friend.

Reefhawk1
05-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Where are you located?

Der_Iron_Chef
05-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Sounds like a good deal. Wish I had the money for ya.

I can't recommend Thailand enough. The scuba/snorkeling is amazing, the people are friendly, everything is cheap and amazing. The only expensive part is getting there, and the rest is very affordable.

Let your fellow local reefers know if you need help with anything. I don't think your profile says where you're located.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-27-2007, 04:35 PM
From looking up his old posts, it would appear that he lives in Calgary.

Quagmire
05-27-2007, 05:19 PM
If your in Calgary I may be interested.Shoot me a PM.The engine in my car just went this past week and I'm in the market for another.

Chaotic Cricket
05-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Yes, Well more closer to Red Deer actually.

cav~firez22
05-27-2007, 10:19 PM
any pics availiable? of the tank..
and car?

Chaotic Cricket
05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Yep, I will post pics. Just give me a couple of days, I have a few things that need taking care of. I will see if I can get someone to take them for me, and perhaps get them up earlier.

Thank-you

Phanman
05-28-2007, 07:42 PM
my friend is in dire need of a car, as his deal for another car feel through upon mechanical inspection. I will call him tonight about it and post either tonight or tomorrow morning. Plus free or very cheap tank for me hehe...

Der_Iron_Chef
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey--shoot me a PM if you need someone to take photos for you. I have a camera and nothing better to do :wink:

Chaotic Cricket
06-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Okay I finally have pictures from my friend for my tank, I just need to post them. They are quite large so I need to manipulate them and find a host.

Ok I used photobucket....

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb212/cricket_tank/?action=view&current=P1000725.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb212/cricket_tank/P1000726.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb212/cricket_tank/P1000724.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb212/cricket_tank/P1000723.jpg

Excuse the image quality I think my friend has used a throw away camera once..
:(

Also he did not clean the saltcreep....

Chaotic Cricket
06-27-2007, 11:18 PM
System is Still for Sale, I've had a few interested people but do to long hospital stays and just generally feeling horrible I was not able to respond in a timely manner (not timely enough anyway it seems), considering my cicumstances I thought they would understand but they did not. Anyways I have dropped the price to 1000 dollars, will include a few more things. I will try my best to put everything up friday (detailed list, pictures of fish etc) Then I am going to visit a family member who I will probably never see again. So the system will be available for pickup from the 9th to the 13th then the 15th on (there is a wedding on the 14th). And the car was smucked by a blind (had to have been) person whilst backing their car out of their driveway, so...)
I hope someone would like it as I don't want to throw it all away.

Diana
06-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Go big or go home.... go straight to the Great Barrier. I'd reccommend Palancar off of Cozumel in mexico, but the hurricane did wipe out lots of stuff. I was there this year and it was still spectacular, but nothing like before. Figi has some awesome reefs, as do most of the south pacific islands.

Go for Australia though. :)

Raf
06-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Ditto what my lady said and I heard the Cook Islands are fantastic too. Really, anywhere tropical is better than where you or I live....

;)

Chaotic Cricket
07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Bumpity bump

I will sell just the rock but you need to buy it all 450 dollars and 50 dollars for the livestock....(any corals/mushrooms on the rocks are free :) )
Hopefully someone wants it I'd hate everything to get thrown out but buddy can only keep looking after it for a couple weeks and then he goes away for a job for a year and his parents wont look after it. And I doubt I will be back in that area in this lifetime.

Chaotic Cricket
07-21-2007, 12:51 PM
I will go 850 obo on this setup now....anyone?

Chaotic Cricket
08-01-2007, 01:01 PM
If you are interested in anything let me know, my buddy is willing to take the time to part out everything, but liverock and fish must go before equipment as per usual. Fish must go before liverock or with liverock. send me a message if you are interested and i will let you know the price. I'll do 50 for the fish (minus yellow tang he jumped out yesterday, and the clown which is already spoken for) liverock i will let go for 350 or so, which works out to about 2 bucks a pound or less...)
I would still like to sell everything at once so if you are looking for a complete system it is good, its not the best but it is definitely a decent system. Everything quite healthy, new hamilton bulbs (two months) 1 new extra 10000k bulb, hamiltons are 14k. make me an offer, will not drop below 750 for everything though.

Der_Iron_Chef
08-01-2007, 01:25 PM
This is a ridiculous deal. I just wish I had the money.

*bump*

fencer
08-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi
I would be interested in this. Is it possible to see this tank in person. This weekend? I am in edmonton.

Best
Wayne