PDA

View Full Version : LF: Tunze calcium dispenser

fkshiu
05-27-2007, 05:10 AM
My lousy butterfingers dropped the acrylic container of my Tunze kalk dispenser today as I was trying to open it for a refill. Next thing I knew I had a bunch of saturated kalk water on the floor and a broken container.

Found out from j&l and tunze that you can't buy just the container alone.

Anyone out there have a Tunze calcium dispenser around after upgrading to a reactor?

Samw
05-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Weird. They use to be able to sell them separately. They still sell them in the US

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=T5074.000&Category_Code=

But it seems overpriced. I think a Phosban reactor can do the same thing (after you modify the fittings) and has multiple purposes so if you ever stop using kalk, you can use it for its other original purposes (phosban, carbon, etc).

fkshiu
05-27-2007, 06:38 PM
That MarineDepot link is the price for the whole package. I just need the bottle thing.

Admittedly, it's not much beyond the acrylic bottle other than the cap/fittings/hanger/jar of kalk, but Tunze usually sells stuff a la carte.

I am considering using an old phosban reactor I have instead. Where would I get the proper reducer fittings?

Bryan
05-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Have you tried contacting Roger on the Tunze forum at RC. I am sure if anybody has a access to spare parts he will, or can get them.