PDA

View Full Version : 30 Years of Star Wars

Geofrog
05-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Seeing as today is the 30th anniversay of the release of Episode 4, I was just wondering if anyone was doing anything to celebrate the iconic film.

Phanman
05-25-2007, 06:08 PM
drinking and going to golds after work :lol:

justinl
05-26-2007, 06:19 AM
well i drank beer and played risk (what a mix!) at a friends place... then i went home and swung around my toy lightsaber for a while. then i laughed at how in the last SW emperor palpatine's forehead looked like a wrinkly butt. ha. that was hilarious.

christyf5
05-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I marvelled at how annoying that jar jar binks character was and how his voice was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Then I thought back to the old films and how hot Harrison Ford was.....*sigh*http://www.smilieportal.de/smilies/lieb/71.gif

Der_Iron_Chef
05-26-2007, 04:09 PM
lol. Yeah, Jar Jar needs to die. Painfully (but with the volume muted so I don't have to hear it). Harrison Ford was cool back then, before he began his mid-life crazy crisis. And Carrie Fisher was appealing back then, before her decades-long Percocet bender.

Still, the original Star Wars movies are brilliant. Timeless. I was born the year the first film came out and I had the original 1977 Star Wars bed sheet set! How cool was I?

Justusfish
05-26-2007, 04:46 PM
I celebrated by buying anti-wrinkle cream. i remember going to the opening night 30 years ago!!! Time .... swims by very quickly.

woodcarver
05-27-2007, 01:56 AM
Always been a sci -fi fan. Raised on Sat morning diet of Flash Gordon (Buster Crabbe ) You know the guy in tights who flew around in tin cans:) :)
Through H . G . Wells ,Asimov ,Niven ...............
Star Wars was a revelation with wonderfully ' used space machines ' and the great assassin Bobo Fett.
Sadly Lucas lost the plot with teddy bears and ,as Christy says, talking camels like Jar Jar Binks ,:( :(
Close Encounters and Alien are more my cup of tea.
.........................Dave

Der_Iron_Chef
05-27-2007, 04:51 AM
These days, Battlestar Galactica (not the original series) is my cup of tea. Anyone else? It's brilliant. Can't wait for Season 3 on DVD!