PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Hero's is an X-men ripoff?

OCDP
05-23-2007, 07:11 PM
ehh... no hard feelings hero lovers :lol: . i just can't watch it because it seems like such a rip-off .

im simply bored and curious... :mrgreen:

Delphinus
05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Meh .. I didn't vote because I don't watch the show but I hear it's alright. If it is a clone, it's nowhere near as bad as "Mutant X" is.. I tried sitting through an episode and thought it was horrible.

Der_Iron_Chef
05-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Them's are fightin' words!

I love X-Men and I love Heroes. They each have a very distinct feel. X-Men (and many comic books/comic book-based films) have a very otherworldly feel to them. Heroes, on the other hand, attributes magical aspects to an otherwise realistic setting ("magical realism").

Delphinus
05-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Ever tried watching "Mutant X" Drew? (Just curious..)

Der_Iron_Chef
05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Oh man. I have. Isn't it a Canadian show? It's horrible! The acting is bad, the storylines are bad, the powers are lame. A feral woman? I can introduce you to a dozen or more feral women, but none of them have superpowers :wink:

(Ladies...I kid, I kid....)

christyf5
05-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh man. I have. Isn't it a Canadian show? It's horrible! The acting is bad, the storylines are bad, the powers are lame. A feral woman? I can introduce you to a dozen or more feral women, but none of them have superpowers :wink:

(Ladies...I kid, I kid....)

bwahahahah, I believe they're called "cougars" aren't they? :razz:

Der_Iron_Chef
05-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Lol!

Midknight
05-23-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm with Drew. the same a bit but different enough to make it all worth while.

MikeP
05-24-2007, 12:53 AM
It's a total copy of X-men and that's why I love it! If there was an X-men TV show that would be awesome but there isn't one.

andsoitgoes
05-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Heroes is a copy of comic books out there in a whole, not just xmen, not just anything. I see a ton of feelings from almost every comic book I've read. I'ts not as in depth or dark as something like Powers, nor does it have the fancy characters like X-Men.

Remember, Jeph Loeb was one of the main writers on the series, I don't know if he wrote it throughout, but he's most well-known for Batman: Hush, and a league of other comics. I don't think it's possible to be very "original" with comics while also being accessible to the public that would watchit and keep it on the air.

Being a huge x-men fan, I think it's crazy not to watch it for fear of it being a ripoff. Don't watch it because you don't like the medium, but not because you think it's a rip off!

Moogled
05-24-2007, 03:17 AM
I wouldn't compare a TV show with comics.

There's alot more to comic books than a mishmash of super-powered characters in colorful spandex. The comic medium has become decades-old literature that holds a deeper essence while something like Heroes cannot compare to it on a metaphysical level.

If Heroes seems like a comic ripoff, it's because you can only invent so many 'original' superpowers (ie, Flying, Invisibility, Healing, Superstrength, Telepathy, etc) where an audience can easily relate to. These are some of the most common superpowers that have been created and thought about by the average person wishing they had some sort of supernatural gift.

Most people wish they could fly rather than control the Earth's magnetic field or absorb kinetic energy.

Canadbis
05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
I think its a great show, good story, good characters, and always twisting.
It may be a bit of a rippoff but isn't every story that offers some kind of superpower?
I mean if you make someone fly, then they rippoff superman. Most of the "superpowers" have been used and it would be tough to make someone something without ripping something off of someone. :)