PDA

View Full Version : Heros Finale

Chin_Lee
05-23-2007, 01:25 AM
OK so I watched the finale last night and I have mixed feelings about it. I liked it but i have some questions about it:
- Why didn't Claire just shoot Peter which would have stopped the explosion and Peter would have just rejuvenated and lived? Instead they got Nathan to fly them to space and killed the both of them.
- Why didn't Hiro just lobbed Sylar's head off when he was standing there after being stabbed? It would also have been the true Samurai/Bushido's way

Anyhow despite those few weird things, I liked it and I look forward to the Volume II.

Der_Iron_Chef
05-23-2007, 01:39 AM
I selected "Liked it" only because there was no "Liked it, but with mixed feelings" category!

I have the same problems you do. Why didn't Peter himself just fly away? Why didn't Claire shoot him? Why did that stupid cop think he could kill Sylar? And if a cop with a gun couldn't scratch him, how's some tough chick weilding a parking meter able to beat the crap out of him?

All this said, I still loved it. How can you not?! I'm also looking forward to Volume II. But here's the REAL question!....is Sylar truly dead? For good?

SerLunchbox
05-23-2007, 01:57 AM
I find it hard to believe the Sylar is still alive ... I mean seriously. He would have to have some wicked repair done after being run through with a sword. It went through an area with MAJOR organs. Kind of hard to survive that if you ask me.

Though, if that is possible, then I guess it is also possible that the Petrelli brothers may still be alive.

prodogg02
05-23-2007, 02:09 AM
at the end it showed sylers blood and a trail leading to an open man hole i think he went down there

michika
05-23-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm betting the Petrelli brothers are still around, and will make a reapparance next season. Syler will probably regenerate even given his injuries. Remember Peter survived after having a shard of glass imbedded into his brain and skull.

I liked that the episode somewhat ended and mostly gave closure to the storeline. The preview for volume two was a nice touch.

Der_Iron_Chef
05-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Agreed, re: preview for Volume II!

But Catherine, I don't think he has the power to regenerate. However, in the true vein of the superhero/mutant genre...anything is possible! I'm just interested to see how they spin it if he is still alive.

michika
05-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Your right, Sylar didn't steal the Cheerleader's power, so he may not regenerate, but I'm thinking someone will bring him back or something.

MikeP
05-23-2007, 02:27 AM
I liked it but there were better episodes earlier in the season. I was disappointed with the end fight between Sylar and Peter that they hyped up all season, I mean come on they have all these awesome powers and we basically see a fist fight! Anyone can throw a punch. I would have liked to see some more team work with the other characters to take Sylar down too. And one thing that really bugged me was why did Nathan have to fly Peter away? Peter can already fly on his own. I'm still excited about next season and I'm sure that Peter and Sylar will be back, maybe not Nathan though.

michika
05-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Does anyone know if they will be re-airing the episodes from the beginning of the season, or will they be putting them out on DVD this summer?

RicePaddy
05-23-2007, 02:36 AM
It was great if you had not watched the season from beginning to end. They must have fired the original writers before the last episode or at the last minute tried to create an ending that could carry over until next season. Peter can and has flown. How is Hrio able to hit Syler with a sword and the hot blond chick with the street meter. But Syler is able to stop bullets. Left me with a lot of questions that do not fit with what I had seen throughout the season. Maybe Nathan was able to fly into space which is why Peter could not do it himself. I could swear that Clair can heal others. But maybe I am wrong. And who in their right mind would have taken their eye off Syler and not noticed him going into the sewer.

Next season should be good. Hiro is in Japan. And there is that really scary guy that the tracker child is scared to locate. What is up with that.

I cannot wait until season 2 and for that matter to buy season 1 on DVD.

Will

Der_Iron_Chef
05-23-2007, 02:37 AM
I'm not sure if they'll re-air them. I could be persuaded to burn them to DVD for you, though :wink:

RicePaddy
05-23-2007, 02:48 AM
I am a sucker for the collectors DVD editions!! For example, Lord of the Rings (Fellowship) first release, directors cut, Golmn eddition. Then the same for the other two, plus the complete edition. I keep the DVD industry flush in cash.

Will

prodogg02
05-23-2007, 03:07 AM
hero can move faster than sylar,i think the one the little girl is scared of is peters mom just a guess though.

Matt
05-23-2007, 03:09 AM
It was great if you had not watched the season from beginning to end. They must have fired the original writers before the last episode or at the last minute tried to create an ending that could carry over until next season. Peter can and has flown. How is Hrio able to hit Syler with a sword and the hot blond chick with the street meter. But Syler is able to stop bullets. Left me with a lot of questions that do not fit with what I had seen throughout the season. Maybe Nathan was able to fly into space which is why Peter could not do it himself. I could swear that Clair can heal others. But maybe I am wrong. And who in their right mind would have taken their eye off Syler and not noticed him going into the sewer.

Next season should be good. Hiro is in Japan. And there is that really scary guy that the tracker child is scared to locate. What is up with that.

I cannot wait until season 2 and for that matter to buy season 1 on DVD.

WillPeter admitted that he "couldn't do anything", so maybe he couldn't fly. He's also been really inept at summoning his powers when he wants to. If Silar lives, he should hunt down Molly first. Knowing where everyone is should accelerate his learning. Claire should have shot him. He asked her to shoot him in the brain stem -- probably no coming back from that. Probably no coming back from nuclear dust or space vacuum either, so the Petrelli brothers should be toast. The happy ending was lame, IMO.

SerLunchbox
05-23-2007, 04:55 AM
And one thing that really bugged me was why did Nathan have to fly Peter away? Peter can already fly on his own.

Nathan flew Peter away because Peter can only control one of his powers at a time. Once the nuclear part of him took over control, that is all that could be done. I am willing to bet that Nathan brought him up to the upper stratosphere and then left him where he would remain floating in semi-zero gravity. Then flew off as fast as possible. Just remember how fast Nathan CAN fly ... so I am willing to bet that happened. Therefore if Peter did explode, he could also regenerate ... especially IF nuclear remnants trickled to the earth, they would eventually find their way back together again ... just like the episode where Claire's brother punctured her with the staple and the blood went back into her body.

And Sylar didn't have regeneration as an ability ... but again, he did have a freezing ability ... never knew he had it until the episode where he broke Hiro's sword. So I guess he MAY end up having some sort of healing ability.

I agree on Peter and Nathan's mother being the one that Molly is afraid of. Whatever happened to that Haitian ... that was sort of a dead end part of the story line.

Snappy
05-23-2007, 05:04 AM
I think the show was due for cancelation but the outcry was big enough they decided to add volume two after the show's finally was already in play and they decided to kill a few of the heros. It will be interesting to see what they come up with for next year.

Der_Iron_Chef
05-23-2007, 05:40 AM
I can't believe it was due for cancellation. Uggggh, best new show in a while and the world is still enamoured with American Idol! I, for one, am happy to move past the tired, played out and intentionally belittling world of "reality" television and get on with some good, old-fashioned fiction :mrgreen:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Yeah, it's hard to care about any of the reality tv "stars", especially on shows like Bachelor. My wife loves it but I guess I'm a little too old fashion in my ideas about love & marriage. It seems kinda demeaning for these women to all fight over the one guy & know, absolutely know, that when he's not with her, he's making out with some other woman.

Heroes is a much smarter, more interesting & intellectually stimulating show compared to that crap.

Anthony

michika
05-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Yeah, it's hard to care about any of the reality tv "stars", especially on shows like Bachelor. My wife loves it but I guess I'm a little too old fashion in my ideas about love & marriage. It seems kinda demeaning for these women to all fight over the one guy & know, absolutely know, that when he's not with her, he's making out with some other woman.

Heroes is a much smarter, more interesting & intellectually stimulating show compared to that crap.

Anthony

Seconded. For me most of reality TV was a novelty the first time around, and after that it just annoyed me. I only ever watched the first season of Survivor, and never watched American Idol beyond the obnoxious commericals that ALWAYS seem to be on. I find it all too dry, and without any actual purpose other then pulling in money. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

SerLunchbox
05-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I ABSOLUTELY HATE Reality TV shows.

I think the few TV shows I watch are Heroes, House, NCIS and Criminal Minds (Of course Flames Games!) and that is about it.

MikeP
05-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Nathan flew Peter away because Peter can only control one of his powers at a time.
And Sylar didn't have regeneration as an ability ... but again, he did have a freezing ability ... never knew he had it until the episode where he broke Hiro's sword. So I guess he MAY end up having some sort of healing ability.

I'm not so sure about the theory that Peter can only use one power at a time. In the episode set 5 years in the future he used more that one ability at once i.e. he used telekinesis while invisible when he was at the club with Niki. But maybe that’s something he learned to do over time. Perhaps the nuclear power took all his concentration since he was trying not to explode. And the freezing power was one of the first ones that Sylar got (remember the crime scene at Molly's house, her Dad was frozen).

MikeP
05-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I think the show was due for cancelation but the outcry was big enough they decided to add volume two after the show's finally was already in play and they decided to kill a few of the heros. It will be interesting to see what they come up with for next year.

The show was never marked for cancellation. It was granted a full first season and an additional second season several months ago. I think that because it was in its first season and in the beginning no one knew how well it would do they didn't have that big of a budget, maybe that’s why we didn't see an awesome fight at the end. Now that the writers have some time before season 2 I bet it will be even better, I'm sure the budget is a bit bigger too.

michika
05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Either way, I'm going to be in withdrawl all summer long without anything good to watch!

krish
05-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I could swear that Clair can heal others. But maybe I am wrong.

You might be thinking of when Peter healed after he and Claire fell off the ledge. He healed because he absorbed her power not because she can heal others.

I agree with Nathan flying Peter into space seeming to be a dumb way to solve the problem. That's almost as much of a mystery as other intention mysteries. I hope they explain that one!

Midknight
05-23-2007, 05:45 PM
I selected "Liked it" only because there was no "Liked it, but with mixed feelings" category!

I have the same problems you do. Why didn't Peter himself just fly away? Why didn't Claire shoot him? Why did that stupid cop think he could kill Sylar? And if a cop with a gun couldn't scratch him, how's some tough chick weilding a parking meter able to beat the crap out of him?

All this said, I still loved it. How can you not?! I'm also looking forward to Volume II. But here's the REAL question!....is Sylar truly dead? For good?

Ok, I loved it and this is how I read it.

Why didn't Peter himself just fly away? - Was too busy trying not to blow up.
Why didn't Claire shoot him? - She liked him too much.:biggrin:
And if a cop with a gun couldn't scratch him, how's some tough chick weilding a parking meter able to beat the crap out of him? - She caught him unawair, parking meters don't make as much noise as a gun. :wink:
Is Sylar truly dead? - Remeber, there is someone worse than him. He cough have taken the body.
As for the Petrelli brothers - Peter will be alive. Not sure about Nathan.

Now about Linderman - Is he going to be able to heal himself? (If he put whats left of his mind to it.) :wink:

Does anyone know if they will be re-airing the episodes from the beginning of the season, or will they be putting them out on DVD this summer?
DVD is to be release in Aug. And the Summer is going to be the stories about the first group of heros, Linderman, Peters dad, The Guy in the wheelchair and Herio's dad.

michika
05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Ok, I loved it and this is how I read it.
DVD is to be release in Aug. And the Summer is going to be the stories about the first group of heros, Linderman, Peters dad, The Guy in the wheelchair and Herio's dad.

When would the summer version be starting? I'm already in withdrawl since everything I watch has ended for the summer.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, the few tv series I watch are: NCIS, Criminal Minds, Numbers, Law & Order(s), CSI (except the one I mostly catch seems to be Miami & I can't stand the lead actor, Mr. red-headed over-acting Clint Eastwood-wannabe) and Heroes.

michika
05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Mr. red-headed over-acting Clint Eastwood-wannabe

:lol:

Midknight
05-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I agree on most shows but I just watch - Heros, House, Numbers & CSI sometimes NCIS :wink:

Midknight
05-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Also who has been following the Heros comic on-line? It fills in a number of holes. :wink:

andsoitgoes
05-23-2007, 09:24 PM
My thoughts, being a comic geek over the past too many years to count...

Peter, being overwhelmed by Ted's power, was unable to focus enough to use his ability to fly. Ergo Nathan had to be the one to shoot him into orbit.
Peter's regeneration ability is inate now, and not something he has to control, like flying, etc. This is an ability that will stay with him and is going to be his saving grace come Volume 2 :)
The whole shooting idea, for Sylar and Peter, was just insane. Unless there was something super special in those bullets, they wouldn't have done anything to Peter other than set him off and cause him to explode. When Ted was in HRG's house, that was their concern, shooting him would have made him go boom.
Furthermore with the shooting, although Peter can regenerate, there's something in regards to being shot in the head that seems to be the secret. Like with Zombies, damage to the brain seems somewhat irreparable, and the only time that the regeneration isn't immediate was when there was damage to the head/brain. Maybe that was the plan? Although I doubt it, as they don't know enough about the brain issues to say for certain.
Nathan might just be gone, unless he was able to fling peter far enough and then fly elsewhere. In the "future" remember, Nathan was dead and Sylar was shifted into him. Because the shape shifter didn't get obviously killed, this is still a possibility, especially if Nathan is gone
I've heard rumours and I honestly feel that Peter and Nathan's father is actually Linderman. The comments he's made and the fact that Malcolm McDowell never goes down easy reinforces that ;) I think he's passed the regeneration ability onto Clarie, as neither her mom or dad have those powers.Personally I'm thrilled at the last 2/3rds of the season. I was iffy at the very beginning due to the weak storylines and I thought the setup of all the characters was a bit "off" - however when they started getting into the meat of it, and fleshing out the HRG side of things, the show became as addictive as crack to me.

Actually one of my fav episodes was with Ted in the HRG household.

Some of the things that have gotten on my nerves about the show are the constant "ditsy moments" from a lot of the characters. I think Hiro is amazing, but I also think scenes like where they went to Vegas were silly. I'd prefer to have a cast of people that are a little bit more intelligent. I mean, Suresh is so gulliable it's just baffling.

I've got high hopes, because the finale showed that they were the same inexperienced team that started, and Hiro in Japan is going to rock. I think that Sulu is still going to be there, and we're going to find out Hiro is the heir to some Japanese warlord, read -the guy who was on the horse fighting against all the other people.

But thems just my thoughts!

krish
05-24-2007, 01:33 AM
Furthermore with the shooting, although Peter can regenerate, there's something in regards to being shot in the head that seems to be the secret. Like with Zombies, damage to the brain seems somewhat irreparable, and the only time that the regeneration isn't immediate was when there was damage to the head/brain. Maybe that was the plan? Although I doubt it, as they don't know enough about the brain issues to say for certain.

Peter asked Claire to shot him in the back of the head/neck - in the same place where the shard of glass was. Since he didn't recuperate from that until the glass was taken out he thought he would die if shot there... I think.

Snappy
05-24-2007, 05:41 AM
I can't believe it was due for cancellation. Uggggh, best new show in a while and the world is still enamoured with American Idol! I, for one, am happy to move past the tired, played out and intentionally belittling world of "reality" television and get on with some good, old-fashioned fiction :mrgreen:
I don't know what the real story is but I do know they often cancel shows that don't get a fair chance; example (Smith), I thought that show was really good but they cancelled it after 4 episodes but then they leave on so much other crap that shouldn't be aired in the first place. Anyway I am looking forward to Heros next season.

Der_Iron_Chef
05-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Nick...I agree, Suresh is a total git! Such a big ninny.