PDA

View Full Version : Calcium Reactor feed line question

trilinearmipmap
05-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I want to use a MaxiJet 900 for a feed pump on my calcium reactor.

The feed line on the calcium reactor is the hard plastic kind that fit John Guest speedfit fittings.

The reactor feed line is a lot smaller than the MaxiJet output.

Any ideas?

fishface
05-22-2007, 04:10 PM
you can get JG adapters that are female to female and have 3/8" to 1/4" fittings...i think those are the numbers you're looking for. anyhow, you can find the fitting, one to go on the end of an MJ nozzle and one for the feed line.

SuperFudge
05-22-2007, 05:16 PM
If you bought the maxi jet new and have the box, there is everything you need there to reduce it to the airline or 1/4" R/O type line.

The package has one 1/4 barb/barb fitting, this is inserted into the bowl shaped fitting (that has the rubber piece inserted in one end).
The end that had the rubber on it will insert into the grey coupler that goes on the end of the powerhead output.(the one with the venturi hole in it.) its a good snug fit. leave this unglued for cleaning.
The hole is plugged with the little cap(also supplied).

Marc.

Pescador
05-22-2007, 07:25 PM
My reactor instructions suggested making a small hole in the line underwater near the pump to relieve back pressure that can shorten the life of the pump.

vanreefer
05-22-2007, 11:23 PM
if you have a return pump (from the sump) you can always put a T in the line get a threaded JG valve and feed your Ca Rx with that... use this technique, it hardly takes any flow away from the return and saves a space on the powerbar and the heat from a PH that is running against resistance... Just a thought
D

trilinearmipmap
05-23-2007, 12:51 AM
If you bought the maxi jet new and have the box, there is everything you need there to reduce it to the airline or 1/4" R/O type line.

The package has one 1/4 barb/barb fitting, this is inserted into the bowl shaped fitting (that has the rubber piece inserted in one end).
The end that had the rubber on it will insert into the grey coupler that goes on the end of the powerhead output.(the one with the venturi hole in it.) its a good snug fit. leave this unglued for cleaning.
The hole is plugged with the little cap(also supplied).

Marc.

OK I found two boxes with MaxiJets in my basement, there is a 1/4" barb/barb fitting, there is no bowl shaped fitting, there is a gray coupler with a venturi hole. Maybe they have changed MaxiJets over the years. If anyone can confirm that the current MaxiJets have this fitting let me know and I will get one, or if anyone wants to send me the bowl shaped fitting then I can send whatever from my box of leftover reef equipment in return.