PDA

View Full Version : Securing feed and effluent lines for a calcium reactor

trilinearmipmap
05-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I am setting up a new calcium reactor.

I need to secure the water feed line and effluent line somehow in the sump. This reactor design draws water in without a feed pump. It uses the hard plastic water hose that fits John Guest speedfit fittings.

What is a good way to secure the water hoses in the sump?

Also should the output hose from the calcium reactor drip into the sump from a height, or be submerged in the water?

andresont
05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Secure with cable tie, make sure there is no metal just plastic in the lock.
Set slightly above water lewel to monitor flow/drip rate as it will slow down with time.
I am setting up a new calcium reactor.

I need to secure the water feed line and effluent line somehow in the sump. This reactor design draws water in without a feed pump. It uses the hard plastic water hose that fits John Guest speedfit fittings.

What is a good way to secure the water hoses in the sump?

Also should the output hose from the calcium reactor drip into the sump from a height, or be submerged in the water?

fishface
05-20-2007, 08:03 PM
if you go to HD or something similar you can get the little square sticky-back ty-wrap anchors for super cheap. they just enable you to secure your ty-wrap to anything it'll stick to.

http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model_ABM2S-A-D.htm?sid=A5CE203FD19297E702962B6E852A10CA