PDA

View Full Version : what eats mushrooms

prodogg02
05-16-2007, 01:06 AM
i hav had 9 blue mushrooms for 6 months,starting last week i noticed 2 gone and 2 more half eatin i think it happens at night but hav not seen anything strange other than some type of little shrimp looking think.anyone hav any ideas.

justinl
05-16-2007, 02:29 AM
maybe you got a true carribean firewom? theyre a specific type of bristleworm that is kinda rare but does hitch in and munch corals. theyre pretty secretive and you probably wont see em unless you stay up all night.

is the little shrimpy a pod? cant think of anysmall shrimp that munch corals except peppermints but they very rarely eat corals bigger than themselves.

Kronk
05-16-2007, 03:01 AM
Little thing is probably a pod. It could be a eunicid worm eating your mushrooms, i am pretty sure i have a Palola worm, about a foot long and 1/8" thick i only see it at night but i havent had any lost corals... If you have a bobbit worm its bad news. Try looking in your tank with a red flashlight at night they have really good eyesight and are fast.

Worm ID (http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-04/rs/index.php)

prodogg02
05-16-2007, 11:56 AM
i think i seen a phyllododid worm must be about 8 inch long and 1/8 inch wide,now how do i get that out