PDA

View Full Version : WTD Lots of Green Star Polyps and Xenia

Ticketyboo
05-14-2007, 03:09 AM
I have my 180 Gallon all set up with tonnes of live rock and a FOWLR set up.

Is there anyone that has lots and lots of green star polyps and xenias that they are looking to get shot of or sell? it would make a nice splash of colour to my tank as its pretty bland right now.

I dont want to get a small frag and then wait 10 years for it to grow in my tank to cover the rocks etc.

Thanks

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-14-2007, 04:37 AM
Contact TomR for the GSP.

Anthony

4ptbuck
05-14-2007, 05:49 PM
How much is alot? 180g is pretty big.
I've got a bunch of Xenia frags ready to go.
PM me if you're interested.

seashells
05-14-2007, 06:38 PM
If you can get the GSP off the rock you can have some. Also lots of xenia.

castaway
05-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm looking for some GSP as well on the island

Ticketyboo
06-28-2007, 04:44 PM
hmmm... still dont seem to have enough xenias.... anyone with anymore they are looking to sell / trade / let go?

Chin_Lee
06-28-2007, 05:53 PM
hmmm... still dont seem to have enough xenias.... anyone with anymore they are looking to sell / trade / let go?

just a suggestion but why don't you save your money and just let your tank mature by itself. gsp and xenia grows like weed so get some and spread them around and they will grow given the right environment. If you can't make them grow, then something might not be right with the care of your tank. If they are growing well, then keep up the good work and watch them grow into your tank's rocks and walls. I've seen too many people try to make instant reef tanks and acquire too much livestock before learning how to care for them. BTW my experience is xenias need iodine supplement to grow well.

Ticketyboo
06-28-2007, 06:11 PM
sigh.... your right :neutral: im a patient person....as long as things grown immediately :sad:

Your right in your statement though... i am looking for an instant look....

Have you been speaking to my wife?

Ticketyboo
06-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Is iodine detrimental to any of the other corals?

Chin_Lee
06-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Is iodine detrimental to any of the other corals?
in moderation, all corals will be fine. to play safe, get a test kit. otherwise, dose sparingly and accordingly to the acceleration/decelaration of growth of your xenia/various macro algae that uses it as well.

sigh.... your right :neutral: im a patient person....as long as things grown immediately :sad:

Your right in your statement though... i am looking for an instant look....

Have you been speaking to my wife?

part of the fun of this hobby is watching things grow into the tank.
IME - the less you move things around, the faster things acclimatize and grow quickly.

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
I agree about waiting for GSP and Xenia to grow on their own! Don't waste money on them...they are just like weeds in a garden. I made the accident of introducing Xenia to my reef and it took only about three months for it to take over EVERY rock in the tank! I personally hate the stuff now but I think if your tank is not a reef and just FOWLR it would look pretty nice! Just give it time. Your tank conditions do need to be good for it to grow also.

Ticketyboo
06-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the input guys... sometimes i get abit impatient, but of the xenias and GSP's i have now in the FOWLR, it looks fantastic, especially when the eels stick their heads through.

Patience..... i can do that..... well im away for 8 weeks so maybe when i get back they will be in full bloom and i can give some away :biggrin: