PDA

View Full Version : need help

niloc16
05-13-2007, 08:07 PM
i have a kodak c333 camera and for the life of me i cannot take good pictures of fish. i manually set the iso to 400 but still the photos turn out to be blurry. does anyone have advice on the trick to taking pictures of fish and having them turn out looking good.

thanks
colin

untamed
05-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Check that camera model again for me. I'm not familiar with that model. I could name 3 or 4 models that it could be by changing one digit of that model name.

It sounds like a focus issue though. Likely the camera is focussing on the glass rather than what is behind it. There are a few tricks I can recommend on how to get the camera to focus on what you want.

X-Treme
05-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Sorry for the hijack, but I cannot decent pics with my Sony DSC-V3 either. 7.2MP should be AWESOME pics. Pics aren't at all bad from further away, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to take a decent Macro. :(

Matt
05-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Sorry for the hijack, but I cannot decent pics with my Sony DSC-V3 either. 7.2MP should be AWESOME pics. Pics aren't at all bad from further away, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to take a decent Macro. :(Pretty tough to take a macro shot of some of the stuff, but with 7.2mp, you can take a larger frame and crop to a very nice macro of most stuff in an aquarium. In other words, don't stress about pressing the lens through the glass to get closer.

Snappy
05-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Make sure you have the macro setting on and as was stated you can magnify & crop with great results. Thats what I do because I only have a little pocket camera. In fact my POTM & FTOTM pictures were almost all taken with my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W100 (8.1 MP). Someday I'll get a real camera with a real macro lense but for now this does the trick.:wink:

untamed
05-14-2007, 03:29 AM
Yes, good advice. Set the camera to macro...but take advantage of your megapixels to crop extensively. Remember that you only need less than 1MP to post a really nice looking image online. That could be only 1/7 of your image area if you have a 7MP camera.

If you want to print, that's another story. But the resolution of most monitors is not even 1MP.

RonPeter
05-14-2007, 04:02 AM
Are you using a tripod to take your pics with? You will see a world of difference if you use one!

ClubReef
05-14-2007, 04:46 AM
If your focusing properly, the problem could be movement. Try turning off your return pump and powerheads. If your shooting with auto modes, try setting it to the sports setting, this will utilize the fastest shutter speed possible for the given light. It's also been suggested, but try putting your camera on a tripod and always shoot 90degrees to the glass..this will eliminate distortion.

krisalexander
05-14-2007, 06:16 AM
A good trick that I learned is if you have a timer on your camera. Like mine has a 2 sec and a 15 second timer, I put it on the 2 second timer and I find it takes out the blurryness. I hope it works for you.

Kris