PDA

View Full Version : how many of you had a lawnmower blenny jump out?

kwirky
05-12-2007, 05:28 AM
I got a lawnmower blenny a while back, and 2 days later it jumped out of my uncovered tank.

I'd like another one because I thought it was the coolest fish I've ever had, but I'd rather not cover the tank.

Any feedback?

King of the Sea
05-12-2007, 05:37 AM
i had one jump out and for a couple months i couldnt figureb out where it went turns out he landed inside a light bulb box i had beside the tank found him all dried up:sad:

MikeP
05-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Do you not want anything covering your tank? Or you just don't want a canopy ? I'm have eggcrate on top of my tank, it's black and looks nice IMO, it's also easy to get out of the way when need be and the fish can't get out. Just a thought.

HTH

Chaloupa
05-12-2007, 06:51 AM
my lawnmower jumped out, my bicolor jumped out, then I got smart and instead of just "talking" about putting egg crate on my tank I did it, and thankful that I did as my Midas likes to jump and ends up in the sump!

Rippin
05-12-2007, 08:12 AM
off topic...hey Chaloupa, what kind of clowns do you have in your avatar?

DanG
05-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I've lost 2 lawnmower blennies that way.

Murminator
05-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Mine went up the intake of a prizim skimmer, he kept poking his head in there for algae and one day he just went to far in

Chaloupa
05-12-2007, 05:23 PM
sorry to change the thread a bit....my clowns were sold to me as "black percula clowns".... obviously they're not....but I took them anyways as I like their look....I posted on a few sites to find out what they are and the general consensus is black saddle back clowns....even though the stripe is full body. They are "paired" (ok trio'd) with my extra large and bossy female brown saddle back, there is a very obvious hierarchy to the "males" but it is neat, so definately Saddlebacks. Almost every pic I have come accross with the scientific name Amphiprion Polymnus shows our clowns as the pictures so for sure they're Saddlebacks.

Rippin
05-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info Chaloupa. I have a clown that looks exactly the same as the ones in your avatar, but was sold to me as a Sabae, but it could also be a Clarkii...oh well.

fishoholic
05-12-2007, 06:23 PM
I had a lawnmower, a molly miller and a firefish jump out :cry: Now I have egg create covering the small openings in our tank lid. I do not want to find my zebra or yellow head sleeper goby dried up on the floor.

kwirky
05-12-2007, 07:52 PM
ok looks like I'll cover my tank with egg crate before I get one. I think I'll do it in sections so I don't have to remove the whole thing when feeding and such.