PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Aquapod?

marcingo
05-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Anyone ever own a 12 gal or 24 aquapod. How are they in general? Particularly the version with the 70 watt HQI light, is this light adequate for the 12. I have read that the light seems somewhat dim. Cant imagine how that can be possible in a 12 gal but let me know what you thought of these units.

If these arent that great is there anything that is better? Im leaning towards these due to the good light. No one else seems to offer a stock light that can keep anything alive with their nano cubes.

fishface
06-07-2007, 10:13 PM
bump for ya! cause i wanna know too :)

GrimReefer
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM
I bought my girlfriend a 12 gallon aquapod about 9 months ago. No HQI, just CF. My major complaint would be the filter system. Since it's built in, it is extremely difficult to maintain. There has been a major hair algae problem for about 3 months now, and I believe it's being fueled by trapped waste in the filter compartments. Other than that, it's okay for a beginner. If you've had a reef tank before, or know enough to put together your own system, I would recommend that you avoid any all-in-one. That's just my opinion, but it is a major pain not being able to easily attach a skimmer, or an overflow, or upgrade the lighting, or filtration...and coraline is impossible to clean off the plastic back panels.

Whatigot
08-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I have one, bought it used for very cheap with a nice little ecosystem established already.
so far it's great, temperature is the biggest issue but there is great flow (I upgraded to an MJ900) and I do a 20% change every 2 weeks and have no problems with nitrate.
I run a fission nano skimmer and no heater but during the last couple weeks have kept a fan on it from 6 am to 6 pm to maintain an 80F temp.
here's a pic, any other q's just shoot me a pm.