PDA

View Full Version : hobby store around coq/langley area

robzilla
05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
my shaft on my pump for my skimmer broke and i need to get a replacement.
i'm coming to lower mainland next week, staying in langley and planning to visit j&l. any hobby shops around this neck of the woods?
looking to get some acrylic shafts for rock work too.
what other shops are nearby?

RonPeter
05-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Rob there's Hidden Reef in Abbotsford as well which will be about 20-25 minutes from you. Mike has been fantastic with me.

Dale D
05-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Are you looking for acrylic rod to hold rockwork together?
If so Industrial Paint and Plastic in Langley is where I got mine years ago. They used to be off of Glover Road, but, I heard they had moved.
You should be able to find their new location in a Langley directory or by putting the name and city into something like Mapquest.

Pet Zoo is in Langley. I haven't been there yet myself, but, they have some SW and the owner is a nice guy.

HTH

robzilla
05-12-2007, 01:26 AM
any hobby shops around? i need a new cermanic shaft for my pump.

justinl
05-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Right accross the road (cross both streets) from J&L is a little hobby shop called "apollo". I havent been there in a few years, but its still open.

robzilla
05-16-2007, 03:58 AM
well got a chance to finally get to j&l. nice shop and tanks.
checked apollo for ceramic shafts and they only carry steel. check with big al's and they had one in there box of parts!!
managed also to make it to Industrial Paint and Plastic and get some plastic rod for rock arranging.
i'm going to have to post some pics of the rock work now...:)
looking at the map, i was debating about going from j&l to ocean aquatics, monday afternoon and i had 2 hours to get this done. but not knowing the city and how to get there, the trip ocean aquatics will be next time.
i could use some instructions, from some locals as to the quickest way to get their from j&l.

RonPeter
05-16-2007, 04:20 AM
Glad you had a good trip Rob! I am heading to Hidden Reef in Abbotsford on Thursday to pick up my Marine Tech calcium reactor, Spectrapure ro/di unit, a couple bags of sand and 65 lbs of Haiti live rock for my 90 gallon set up.

robzilla
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
hidden reef is on the list for the next trip :)
your system is going to be one sweet setup !!

RonPeter
05-16-2007, 03:13 PM
I hope so! I look forward to seeing some pics from you as you use the plastic rod for the liverock. :)