PDA

View Full Version : About mixing salt?

MikeP
05-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I have my 190g full and now it's time to add the salt. I will be putting in about 50g of established water and then mixing in salt to bring the level up to where it needs to be. So whats the best way to mix in the salt directly into the aquaruim? Should I run all the pumps and just slowly add salt? Or do a concentrated mix with lots of salt in a little bit of water in a pail and pour it in?

Thanks for any help

Quagmire
05-10-2007, 12:09 AM
This is an empty tank right? Filling up for the first time? If so then I would mix it in the tank with the pumps running.If you mix too high of a salt/water ratio you can get precipitation using the concentrated method.

Kronk
05-10-2007, 12:31 AM
I have my 190g full and now it's time to add the salt. I will be putting in about 50g of established water and then mixing in salt to bring the level up to where it needs to be. So whats the best way to mix in the salt directly into the aquaruim? Should I run all the pumps and just slowly add salt? Or do a concentrated mix with lots of salt in a little bit of water in a pail and pour it in?

Thanks for any help
190g... FREAKING SWEET DUDE !!! i would definately run the pumps and just add in salt to the water, since its full already it would make it a lot easier. I would add about 6 gallons of salt a gallon at a time over a few hours then fine tune it when it starts to register on your salinity meter.

Well i guess if there is 140g in there add a little more than 4 gallons of salt then adjust it to match the 50g's your putting in

Cheers,
Ken

MikeP
05-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Thanks guys :)