PDA

View Full Version : Lumenarc Mini Reflectors

seanoman
05-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Just wondering if three lumenarc mini reflectors will be enough light for a tank that is 6' long 30" deep 24" tall. Or is it best to go with the lumenarc III??

Delphinus
05-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I went with 2 of the large ones for over a 6' tank 30" deep 30" tall, I could have fit a third but they are huge, there wouldn't be space for much else up there. I almost regret not going with the mini's because then I'd be able to shoehorn more actinics (flanking the reflectors) in there if I wanted, right now there's space for basically one on each side but that's about it.

Anyhow I'm sure the mini's will be fine if you want to give them a try.

Chin_Lee
05-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Just wondering if three lumenarc mini reflectors will be enough light for a tank that is 6' long 30" deep 24" tall. Or is it best to go with the lumenarc III??
how high above the water do you plan to mount them? the minis are better if you want to be able to put your arm into the tank without moving the light (ie opening canopy) but the same can be accomplished with the III's if they are high enough.
also the mini's will focus your light a little more towards the center whereas the III will focus more to the edges

seanoman
05-08-2007, 05:54 PM
I was wanting them mounted right on top of the tank similiar to SuperFudge, where he has them on garage rails to slide out of the way. I might do that or have a pulley system to raise them up. I just wanted to know if they give off a large enough reflection to cover that size of a tank.

Delphinus
05-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I think Jamie (username "acro") is using the mini's on his tank (he's a friend of SuperFudge- used to be pretty active on here but I haven't seen him post in a while). I forget what size his tank is, but being that it's a sibling tank to Superfudge's - it's pretty big. I'd send him a PM and ask what his thoughts are (or ask Superfudge, as he knows that tank - they built their tanks together).

seanoman
05-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah I believe Acro's tank is about 400 gallons. And yes I have asked Superfudge already, but just haven't heard back from him yet. I am actually very fortunate, because I have seen his tank and it is absolutely incredible. His pictures are awesome but it looks even better in real life. Also my wife and I are building a new house only a couple blocks away from Superfudge's house and he has offered to assist in our build aswell.

TRS
05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but can you guys tell me where to purchase the Luminarc reflectors for a decent price? TIA

Delphinus
05-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I bought mine from Reefwerkz in Edmonton in a group order. Try PM'ing Rusty and maybe ask they have any extra's left.

If nothing else you can always order them from the source, http://pacificgardensupply.com/products.asp?cat=2

Good luck!