PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been snorkelling or diving in Peurto Vallarta

marcingo
05-08-2007, 06:12 AM
I shouldnt say PV Im actually staying in Neuvo Vallarta which is 1 hr away. Just wondering if anyone went snorkelling there. From what I have read so far the water isnt too clear is this true? Anyone know any nice spots for snorkelling or diving out there. I really want to check out a reef (never had the chance except a crappy one in Greece). If anyone has been there anything I should check out attraction wise. Im staying at the Royal Decameron. I heard there is a tequila factory in some small town somewhere around there.

Anyway any advice or tips on nice places to go would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

andresont
05-08-2007, 06:45 AM
I herd that water there at PV is not that clear because of the rivers that fall in the ocean.
However if you are 1hr away you might get lucky.
get yourself covered especially neck area. Good long sleeve "DryFit" shirt is very helpfull. Get some red and or green cantalope in a plastic bottle chopped in small cubes and you will have fish dancing all over you. I even had huge parrots taking that staff off of my hands. Bred works too but it is not good for fish. Cantalope is very close to herbivores diet though.
I would also get gloves so you can hang on to the rocks while watching, so current will not carry you away. Paddling gloves work very good (20$ Costco)or even garden gloves (4.99$ SaveOn Foods.)
I shouldnt say PV Im actually staying in Neuvo Vallarta which is 1 hr away. Just wondering if anyone went snorkelling there. From what I have read so far the water isnt too clear is this true? Anyone know any nice spots for snorkelling or diving out there. I really want to check out a reef (never had the chance except a crappy one in Greece). If anyone has been there anything I should check out attraction wise. Im staying at the Royal Decameron. I heard there is a tequila factory in some small town somewhere around there.

Thanks very much.

fishmaster
05-08-2007, 06:59 AM

Thanks very much.

I was down in La Manzanilla in January. It's a couple of hours south of P.V. The snorkelling was great! Tonnes of fish! Not allot of coral right in town but across the bay at Tenacatita there is a nice reef with loads of fish. I spent hours in the water checking out the fish. Loved it! Beautifull small fishing village, highly recemended!
Shaun

marcingo
05-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Sounds great. Thanks. I am definitely looking forward to this.

I know this may sound lame but Im pretty scared of sharks. Is there a lot near the shore. I dont want to be snorkelling and get bitten.

fishmaster
05-08-2007, 07:05 AM
I herd that water there at PV is not that clear because of the rivers that fall in the ocean.
However if you are 1hr away you might get lucky.
get yourself covered especially neck area. Good long sleeve "DryFit" shirt is very helpfull. Get some red and or green cantalope in a plastic bottle chopped in small cubes and you will have fish dancing all over you. I even had huge parrots taking that staff off of my hands. Bred works too but it is not good for fish. Cantalope is very close to herbivores diet though.
I would also get gloves so you can hang on to the rocks while watching, so current will not carry you away. Paddling gloves work very good (20$ Costco)or even garden gloves (4.99$ SaveOn Foods.)

I would also recemend booties for getting in and out of the water(there was no sand in some of the good snorkelling spots. I found that the rocks were encrusted in branching coraline which was really hard on the feet and hands
Shaun.