PDA

View Full Version : Crack!!!

ruck'n'reefer
01-18-2002, 12:36 AM
SH!T!!!
***lets keep it a bit cleaner here.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif ***

I just added a 6 line, and my tank cracked. images/smiles/icon_mad.gif images/smiles/icon_mad.gif images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Can't figure that one out.

I had the tank (refugium) drilled a couple weeks ago. Must have been from the drilling process I guess?

Anyone wanna buy a used 27 gal?

[ 18 January 2002: Message edited by: DJ88 ]</p>

Aquattro
01-18-2002, 12:54 AM
I cracked my 29g while drilling and it only cost me about 8 or 10 bucks to replace the glass with another drilled piece. Pretty simple if you wanted to try it.

StirCrazy
01-18-2002, 01:05 AM
did ou drill it yourself Brad? I need to drill two smaller tanks but I am a little leary as I have never done it.

Steve

Silverfish
01-18-2002, 02:14 AM
Hey Steve, I have had two small (15g) tanks drilled by The Glass-Smith 3311 Tennyson

Does nice work and not too bad for price ..$10 I think Thing is.. if it breaks it's on you, since it's your glass not his.. but hey, he seems pretty good.

ruck'n'reefer
01-18-2002, 09:29 PM
Thanx for the replies!

Reefmaster
01-19-2002, 02:50 AM
hey jack
we had a seastar 90g that we wanted drilled and when we contacted them they said they would do it but no gaurantee of any kind. and it was their own tank! they said they use slight thicker glass (5/8 i guess) when they drill em. i asked about replacing a pane and they pretty much said it would cost more than a new tank. shane

StirCrazy
01-19-2002, 03:00 AM
I was at sea star today and they had atank they were finnishing up I fell inlove with. it is 6'long 2' wide and 5' high. I would hate to thing of the lights needed to keep a sps on the sand bed in that baby images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Steve

Jack
01-19-2002, 04:20 AM
I have a 120 Hagen tank. It's glass tank and it is 1/2 inch thick glass. Easy to drill? images/smiles/icon_eek.gif I'm really kind of worried. I'm not sure if I should just try to get it drilled or if I should try and make a siphon overflow box. How much do you think it would cost to get a side replaced (18W x 24H) or half inch glass? I will just get the side drilled, that way if it breaks, I wouldn't have to replace as much glass as if I were to try and drill the back pane. Thanks guys. Unless one of you Victoria guys know's how to build a really good siphon overflow box...?