PDA

View Full Version : Needed - Tips to shipping frags

andsoitgoes
05-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi all - Haven't done this before, and want to do it right this time :)

I'm going to tape everything from here to high heaven to prevent leakage, and I was THINKING of adding some of those hand warmer packs inside the syro container, taped to the top and sides AWAY from the frags - but with the weather the way it is, would this be more of a problem?

Any tips for shipping from BC to BC (next day AM)??

christyf5
05-07-2007, 03:41 PM
If you're using those heatwarmers you get from canadian tire etc, wrap them in newspaper as they get a bit warmer than the heat packs used for shipping fish. Don't overdo with the heatpacks though, less is better. I once got a cooked fish from overzealous heat packing :neutral:

andsoitgoes
05-07-2007, 04:45 PM
If you're using those heatwarmers you get from canadian tire etc, wrap them in newspaper as they get a bit warmer than the heat packs used for shipping fish. Don't overdo with the heatpacks though, less is better. I once got a cooked fish from overzealous heat packing :neutral:

lol - ew.

Okay - I'll just grab some from CDN Tire - wrap and tape! Good stuff.

I need another STyro container too - I'm wondering if they'll have something APPROPRIATE though...

Any sugestions there? :)

Reefer Rob
05-07-2007, 08:28 PM
J & L sells styrofoam shipping boxes for $10. Check out air freight out of Vancouver, you have to drop them off at the domestic terminal, but it real quick.

Quagmire
05-08-2007, 12:02 AM
A good tip I was told about was to take the container that your planning to use for shipping,put in the heat pack(s) along with a thermometer.Seal it up and put it outside overnight,or longer if its a longer trip.In the morning open it and check the temp inside.Also you can hang your frags upside down from Styrofoam so they won't break as easy.