PDA

View Full Version : Vivid Reef - "Megapods" -- Questions!!

andsoitgoes
05-06-2007, 03:37 AM
Well - I was at Pacific Aquatics (Formerly Paul's) in Surrey behind Costco - and not only did they have the Koralia 1 pumps in for a wicked price, but he had the new Megapods from Vivid Reef.

The directions are fairly simple on the bottle, 1 drop of phyto every day, but I'm wondering about propgation in a sump rather than being kept in their itty container.

Anyone used them before? I think I ended up losing my tigger pods, maybe they're still there - but who knows.

Thoughts?

andsoitgoes
05-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Bump - anyone? Por favor?

andresont
05-07-2007, 02:25 AM
I dumped a bottle of tiger pods in my 60Gal ...never seen them since. And they were suppose to be hardy.
Let us know how MegaPods will do in your tank/sump.

CLINT
05-07-2007, 03:11 AM
should have shown you the refugium while you were here.Chris got a bottle of tigger pods from OA and put them in the refugium.it took about a month but there are pods all over the place in there.are these megapods anything like the tigger pods or completely different?Clint

andsoitgoes
05-07-2007, 03:12 AM
I dumped a bottle of tiger pods in my 60Gal ...never seen them since. And they were suppose to be hardy.
Let us know how MegaPods will do in your tank/sump.

Glad I'm not the only one!

I figure I'll add them in there tonight or tomorrow, I'm fairly confident they'll do well since they are very similar to the standard pods that currently reside in my fishless nano :)

Hopefully they'll all keep together in the little plastic sponges I have in the tank.

Clint - I should have checked those out!! Hopefully mine will start to produce, how often do you feed it? Or DO you?