PDA

View Full Version : DIY Acrylic Tank

Moogled
05-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Hey guys, I stumbled across this site about making your own acrylic aquarium, complete with pictures and appromixate price to build a 190 gallon.

http://duboisi.com/diy/BNdiytank/bndiytank.htm

Enjoy.

justinl
05-01-2007, 04:23 AM
fyi ppl, the cost will depend almost entirely on how much your acrylic supplier charges per sheet. I made a 60gal acrylic tank and used one sheet and the company charged me 250$ just for the full sheet and cuttings.

advise: don't rush. Practice a lot before going ahead and doing the real thing. Go to your supplier and ask for scrap pieces. here's a good time to learn how to finish the edges of the panes to be glued. I made three little 1gal open top boxes this way just for practice. Make sure you're good enough at this stuff that your tests don't leak a drop. try prying the tests apart to break em to get an idea how much strength is needed to take it apart.

Der_Iron_Chef
05-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Hey, hmmmm. Now this makes me wonder how difficult it would be to build a smallish acrylic cube dedicated to...oh...say, a peacock mantis?! :wink:

justinl
05-01-2007, 12:42 PM
honestly, not that hard lol. they need about 25gal. just stick together five panes of acrylic and boom, you got yourself a peacocks home. That's what my 60gal acrylic was for in the first place but Ive gone down a different path now.