PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on Catching a fish

marcingo
05-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Anyone have any ideas on how to make a fish trap of some sort. I have a half inch fish I would like to catch to put into another tank. I do not want to take the rock out of the tank unless I have to (last resort) since I did it a week ago and it was still tough to catch another fish which was 5 inches long. Anyway if any one has any ideas please let me know. Would a bottle work? Maybe get the fish to swim into it. Everything else in the tank would be too big to fit in the bottle. Anyway thanks for the ideas.

Der_Iron_Chef
05-01-2007, 03:47 AM
I've heard some people get the fish used to the net in the water. Like, put the net in the tank during feeding time. Do this for a week or so until the fish are really used to it. And then...I guess...try to snatch up the bugger. Not sure it would work for me, since my reflexes aren't lighting-quick! But hey, it's an idea.

windeindoiel
05-01-2007, 03:48 AM
Cut the part of the bottle where it starts to widen off and turn it inside out inside the bottle. Maybe tape it in or something but make sure it's easy to take off again. Put some food in there that fish will go for and stick it in the tank. Hopefully the fish will swim in and get stuck.

marcingo
05-01-2007, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I tried the net however only for a whole day and it seems the one fish Im trying to catch hid all day from it. It is a pretty new fish from an LFS so it probably still remembers being caught by the net. I will definitely try the bottle.

Would the bottle release any toxins if its in the water for a while or is plastic safe?

Thanks.