PDA

View Full Version : Calgary LFS

ponokareefer
05-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Hi there,

I am coming to Calgary this weekend and was wondering what people from Calgary would recommend for a LFS?

Ryan

fishytime
05-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Golds, Elite Aquatics, Oceans, Red Coral and Wais. Probably in that order.

Der_Iron_Chef
05-01-2007, 03:45 AM
What he said. I think "Oceans" is actually called "Ocean City".

Snappy
05-03-2007, 03:49 AM
Hi there,

I am coming to Calgary this weekend and was wondering what people from Calgary would recommend for a LFS?

Ryan
It depends on what you are shopping for. I'll list them in the order of quality & best selection by catagory. These stores are mainly where I shop so it's only my opinion, others may disagree.

Gold's, Wai's, Ocean City
They all have their strengths and weaknesses in various areas.
They are all good so best to check them all.
(I've never been to Red Coral........a little out of the way for me.)

ponokareefer
05-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Thank you for all the info. everyone!

likwid
05-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Where is Wai's located?

Snappy
05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Where is Wai's located?
I6 Ave NE across from Peters Drive in.

Skimmer Juice
05-03-2007, 06:00 PM
If you are buying fish stick to golds, they will not sell you a fish if it is not ready. They actually treat there fish. Oceans is good those are the only 2 stores I would buy anything from.

Porthos
05-03-2007, 07:33 PM
I would actually put Oceans ahead of Golds in terms of fish selection. Oceans always seems to have the most variety and coolest fish (probably because 3/4 of Golds is dedicated to fresh water).

In terms of quality, I would say Golds and Red Coral are the best. Freeman at Red Coral actually gets upset if a fish dies on him. Oceans is good quality too. Wai's is horrible... I've never bought a fish from there, but I've been there about 3 times now and every time I see at least three dead fish in their tanks, and the live ones don't look too good either.

Just adding that I've never been to Elite Aquatics (too far south for me) so I can't say anything about them.

christyf5
05-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok people lets not go down this road again please :rolleyes:

Thread closed.