PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Problem

0pti0n
04-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Just found out 2 hours ago that my 90 gallon oceanic tank has a leak in the bottom corner. Bought the setup off craigslist guy said there wasn't a leak with the tank, I've had it filled for about a month and then blammo leak. Regardless I've been in this enjoyable hobby for a month and have all brand new equipment. And a few fish and crabs etc.

For starters 70lbs cured live rock which 60lbs is now on my balcony for the evening 10 in tanks. $400

Coralife 48in hood with 3 new bulbs $200 - bought it used for 200, just want money back

60lbs of aragonite sand, nice and full of bacteria - $40

20 gallon sump with baffels and fuge - 50

Mag 5 pump - 50

Coralife super skimmer 220 - 200 its brand new used for 2 weeks

2 tunze 6025's had for about 2 weeks - 140

90 gallon bow front tank with matching top and cabinet, overflow and drilled (small leak in front right corner) Paid $1000 last month, make an offer

2 small true perc's - 30
2 blue damsels - free.
All sorts of hermits, snails, just bought at j+l -50

I just started adding fish this is such a huge dissapointment cause I just don't have the time to mess around with repairs. AHHHK soo choked.

Take the whole system, i put probably 3000 in the last month into it. Make an offer

In North Vancouver

Zylumn
04-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Maybe if you told us where u r from???

Der_Iron_Chef
04-30-2007, 06:48 AM
That SUCKS. You'd have better luck if you posted your location!! Good luck.

0pti0n
04-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Guess it would :lol: Im in North Vancouver

Dragonsteeth
04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Do you really want to get out?
Would a new tank not fix the problem?
King Eds pets always has plenty of tanks instore.
If you need a hand with anything i am in north van and have a pick up.
I dont want that you get out and regret it!
Brendan

Dragonsteeth
04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Also, i know Colin at Coral Ocean Aquarium Inc
Address : 3622 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5R 5M2
Telephone : 604-733-1888
might be able to provide temporary care and storage!?

andsoitgoes
04-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Do you really want to get out?
Would a new tank not fix the problem?
King Eds pets always has plenty of tanks instore.
If you need a hand with anything i am in north van and have a pick up.
I dont want that you get out and regret it!
Brendan

that's what I'm thinking - no sense in going through all that cost and effort to end up with nothing to show for it... the hobby is too awesome to bail on just because of a tank problem!!

C'mon, stay with us!!! You can doo it!

OCDP
04-30-2007, 08:07 PM
It sounds like it would be easier for you to just buy a new tank, rather than go through the hassle (and heartbreak) of selling off everything and being done with it all together. Just my opinion, from a guy who doesn't even own a SW tank anymore . :razz:

0pti0n
04-30-2007, 08:25 PM
I did think about a new tank, its just frustrating and all. Then I'd just end up going bigger I spose like a 120 or something. I mean might as well right. Anybody have something around 5ft long max? have to fit it all in my apartment hehe. We'll see, and can anbody close to n. van hold onto my clowns for a bit then? Being that my live rock is on my balcony right now might have to cycle my tank

tang daddy
04-30-2007, 11:44 PM
I did think about a new tank, its just frustrating and all. Then I'd just end up going bigger I spose like a 120 or something. I mean might as well right. Anybody have something around 5ft long max? have to fit it all in my apartment hehe. We'll see, and can anbody close to n. van hold onto my clowns for a bit then? Being that my live rock is on my balcony right now might have to cycle my tank

Just read the post good idea to hold on to everything when I had probems with my new 90g I put all my LR about 180+ lbs in a garbge can with a lid 300w heater air stone and power head for over a month, just a suggestion but it should tie you over until you get a new tank also give your rock a head start on cycling.

Cheers Chris

Quagmire
05-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Is the glass broken? Or maybe you just need to re silicone the joint.

0pti0n
05-01-2007, 12:15 AM
We'll find out tonight when I take the sand out :sad:

Dragonsteeth
05-01-2007, 12:27 AM

Get down to Walmart and buy two or 3 x 5 gal bins with lids (they are cheap), dump your rock and water and sand in and keep it heated and circulated with your power heads or air (i have an air pump and stone sitting around if you want to use it). I could hold your damsels and your clean up crew and get them out for you later when you are going again. As for your clowns, i'm not sure if my nemo would like it and it would probably be too much extra bio load for me all at once (only got a 30G). PM me if you this works for you. I'm near Cap College.
Brendan

mark
05-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Stay in the hobby but get a new tank (and bigger is better:biggrin: )

0pti0n
05-01-2007, 03:32 AM
yeah i've been lookin all day over the web for a 120 or so with stand and drilled to no avail. But hey the tanks not cracked, just leaking.

justinl
05-01-2007, 04:25 AM
well in that case you could probably get away with just applying a bead of cilicone wherever the leak is. good luck. I hope you decide to stay in the hobby. it has its downs, but there are many more ups.

0pti0n
05-02-2007, 12:43 AM
where silicone should be it looks not quite like silicone but a black rubber trim on the inside? any ideas as is has some bubbles in it. But after than looks like Ill just resilicone the tank should be fun. I've had a couple people locally say they'll help me which is awesome as I can build a truck/weld/ everything like that but aquariums are a mystery to me.