PDA

View Full Version : BioCube 29 pet peeve

krish
04-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Does anyone else find that when you open up the back lid water drips down the back of the tank and even down the wires? I try to be careful and open it slowly and always have a towel ready but it's a bit of a pain. Anyone have any other solutions?

justinl
04-30-2007, 04:37 AM
I get the same thing! tagging along.

I just wrap a towel around the back and make sure i have a drip loop for the wires. and open slowly like you.

crystalz
04-30-2007, 06:03 AM
I owned one of these tanks quite recently (same problem) and retro-fitted it with a coralife super skimmer 65. In order to fit the skimmer I had to cut out the back of my lid in a few spots. By doing this it seemed I allowed just enough air into the canopy to prevent the condensation issue. It was a fluke fix but it did the trick.

krish
05-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Hmm, I guess I could try cutting some pieces off.

Then again, maybe I'll wait till I get a skimmer, that way I'll only make the necessary cuts.

How do you like the skimmer?

crystalz
05-04-2007, 12:09 AM
For my biocube the css 65 worked excellent. I believe there are other skimmers that might fit in better but I found that it was much nicer to have a full sized skimmer. I had to remove the bio balls and spill tray. I also had to trim the main baffle the water spills over... So a little mod involved, but the skimmer mounted on the back and didn't look at all out of place.due to the fact that the bio balls need to be removed i would suggest that you have more than the enough live rock for extra bio filteration if you are to go with this particular mod. I'll see if i can dig up some pics so you can see how it turned out.