PDA

View Full Version : DIY T5 questions.

Twisted-1
04-29-2007, 02:15 AM
I am presently trying to set up some T5's. I had afew q's. I got a workhorse 7 ballast and a cord and I have my hood ready.

All I really needed to know was on the wiring diagram it says for linear lamps use a starting aid. I beleive I know what these are but do I have to use them? I will be running 4x54w T5s off the ballast so do I use just one starting aid or do I need to use 4 of them. 1 each lamp? Also are the starters rated for the watts the lamps are?

And finnaly, all the endcaps/tombstones I found at wholesalers are pretty expensive. I can get waterproof(icecap) ones from the LFS for the same price. Where is a good place to find them. On the internet I can find them for a reasonable price. All I can find in more popular stores are for T12. If anyone knows of places in Edmonton let me know.

Thanks.

Here is the link to the wiring diagram if it helps.
http://www.fulham.com/Find_Process.php

Reefer Rob
04-29-2007, 01:46 PM
A starting aid is just a piece of metal that sits behind the bulbs, running the full length of the bulb, no electricity runs through it. It should work fine without it, mine did. Try it first without it before you bother.

Twisted-1
04-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I will try that first.