PDA

View Full Version : Bristle worm? ID please

LeeR
04-25-2007, 04:07 AM
hello everyone, I just started my first reef tank a few weekds ago and i have noticed about 10 to 20 of these weird spinny worms that come out of small holes in my live rock, they never fully come out and if i even just tap the glass they squish back into there hole and wont come out for a few mins.. anayways i just want to know if these are good or bad i have looked around on google and nothing has come up that looks anythign like what i have so i will attach a picture. thank you.

sorry about the *crappy* picture if no one can IDit i will try to get a better picture tomorrow, when there is better light.

Der_Iron_Chef
04-25-2007, 04:19 AM
Looks like a bristleworm to me. I don't think they're bad, though some people think differently. Good detrivores.

justinl
04-25-2007, 05:14 AM
yeah bristleworm for sure. they are actually beneficial as part of your clean up crew. Just remove any that are over a foot long. oh, and don't touch them. those spines on their sides sting.

Snappy
04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
yeah bristleworm for sure. they are actually beneficial as part of your clean up crew. Just remove any that are over a foot long. oh, and don't touch them. those spines on their sides sting.
What he said

LeeR
04-25-2007, 11:13 PM
awsome, thank you.

honkey sauce
04-25-2007, 11:56 PM
If you install an auto-tapping device on your glass you`ll never have to see those things again

LeeR
04-26-2007, 01:08 AM
haha, ya i noticed they dont like that. they are pretty ugly but i wouldn't go that far.