PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Reefers Website!

AJ_77
12-08-2002, 05:05 AM
Hey guys (Tony and Des especially), I finally put our stuff in the same place:

http://members.shaw.ca/reefs/

Please take a look and see if you like the new look. No charge to members, as always. :wink:
I'll get your latest pictures up as soon as I get another hour or two.

If anyone else wants in on this, you should have some high-res digital photos ready to go, and we'll take a look at what we can do. OK? Okay!

Cheers,

Alan :D

Dresden
12-08-2002, 06:08 AM
now thats a website, great work good design and feel.

Canadian Man
12-08-2002, 06:32 AM
WOW!!!!
That is one awsome looking piece of work Alan,

Bob I
12-08-2002, 03:36 PM
I concur with jon. Now how do I get in on this? :?: Do the pics have to be hi res? If so, I will have to reshoot everything. You could of course just put a link to my site in. That probably will all change next weekend when I will be moving to Shaw Litespeed. :D :D
Bob

andestang
12-08-2002, 05:09 PM
Great job Alan :D Really nice feel for veiwing, colors and all. And ease of enlarging button pics. Look forward for more pics (just to make myself jealous ? :wink: ) Motivation I guess !
ande

AJ_77
12-08-2002, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the kind words! I'm hoping that EmilyB, RCIpema, Canadian Man, and others with websites of their own will agree to be part of the "links" page.

And for others with digital pictures but no web presence, hopefully we can set them up with something as well.

Cheers,

Alan :D

Canadian Man
12-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Actually Alan I was hoping to get rid of my site cause only a few people can view it a week or it blocks out people.
So if I could send you some pics that would be great.
Let me know 8)

EmilyB
12-08-2002, 08:14 PM
Great stuff Alan :D I have to update mine, been trying to get new pics but they're crap so far. You're welcome to link to mine the way it is, however.

Bob I
12-08-2002, 08:45 PM
As I say you can link to my site for now. After the end of the month I will probably move it to Shaw. That is if they get it going next Saturday.
Bob

Josh23
12-08-2002, 08:47 PM
Hey Allan.
The site looks great!!
Looks like you put a lot of hours into it.
Cant wait to see everyones sites and pictures on it.
Josh

Canadian Man
12-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey Bob!
Get rid of your dam monster fish Avitar.
It screws the screen up :shock:

Delphinus
12-08-2002, 09:53 PM
Superb work, Alan, my stuff hardly deserves to be in there!

Pictures, well, hopefully some day I'll have some more. It's a lose-lose proposition fo me: my 35mm has a macro, but I can't tell how it works out until the film is developed. My digital camera, it's "macro" setting is about 16 feet. Well, OK, three feet, and there's no macro.. :( As a consequence all my tank shots SUCK! :cry:

Bob I
12-08-2002, 09:56 PM
Hey Bob!
Get rid of your dam monster fish Avitar.
It screws the screen up :shock:

Be nice now. The Avatar is supplied by Ross. I am merely linking to it. Ross is working on it. :D

TANGOMAN
12-09-2002, 07:30 PM
Very nice !!! I feel like I'm in the presence of greatness... :oops:
viewing Emilys' site was like "dejavu". And then it hit me...I've been to your place. I kinda' recognized the tanks and the dogs gave it away. Last year I bought something from ya' out of the bargain finder...a hang on overflow ? It served its' intended purpose during my move. Ya' wanna' buy it back as it's just sittin' in a box now ? The tanks looked good then but look awesome now. I recall I chatted with you and your husband a while, a really long while according to Margo :evil: who decided she'd just wait in the car as I "ran in..."
You guys sold that 90g freshwater set up on your main floor for a song too :cry:
So, anyone else here I've bought from...? Who sold me that "Big Mombassa" skimmer for $20.00 ? The one that was held together with tape...boy did I hear about that one when I returned to the car... :evil:
She's eatin' crow now because acrylic can be mended and it still works great... :D

EmilyB
12-09-2002, 08:19 PM
Well, small world Doug....... :shock: This is why it's always good to sell overflows that do not have big cracks in them... :lol:

Actually, it was a 48g freshwater we sold....and the guy was almost crying, he was so happy when he came to pick it up......he bought fw stuff from me every summer.....

You should be able to sell that overflow easily. I'm tempted, but hubby said NO sumps upstairs....

Mombasa.....lol...what a stupid name for a skimmer... :roll:

StirCrazy
12-09-2002, 10:58 PM
I'm tempted, but hubby said NO sumps upstairs....

you going to let him tell you what to do? :wink:

Steve

AJ_77
12-11-2002, 09:09 PM
Superb work, Alan, my stuff hardly deserves to be in there! Pictures, well, hopefully some day I'll have some more...

Cheer up, dude - your stuff will be famous! Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to get some photos over the Christmas holidays. Buy a camera then return it, get a friend over, or impose on a family member - just get some pics. We'll go from there.

And don't forget - this is FUN. :D

Alan :P

AJ_77
12-17-2002, 03:19 PM
Canadian Man is online! Check out his new site - for now on the Links Page. (http://members.shaw.ca/reefs/links.htm) (High speed connection recommended.)

Welcome, Jonny - fun fun fun! (Nice photos, did you take those yourself?) :wink:

:D

Canadian Man
12-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Thanks a bunch Alan,
My old web side was getting quite outdated :oops:
Actually our bare eyed cockatoo "Flipper" took the pictures :wink: :P

Delphinus
12-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Looking good!!! 8)