PDA

View Full Version : Coral Beauty

GinKu
12-06-2002, 09:29 PM
i just got this guy yesturday i'd put him in the tank and left the lights off till tomorrow, well he's really shy and likes to hide behide the rocks. i was looking at him and i notice on one side close to his gill there is like a scar or something it look like he ram in to a rock last night and cut him self how do i cure it him.. i don't want him to have an infection or some sort
and he's not eating and i think it'll take awhile for him to eat after a couple or days is this right?

oh ya can i put a keyhole angel in the same tank? i'm guessing it's not safe right?

AJ_77
12-07-2002, 01:34 AM
If your reefing library is thin on books, search the names of these fish in Google and read all the results. You'll find that most will advise against keeping the "moderately aggressive" Centropyge bispinosus with other dwarf angels, unless your tank is >80 gallons.

Hey, your tank IS over 80 gallons! :wink: Another "trick" is to have disparate sizes between species, and add them simultaneously, if you must have two.

I know you're carefully considering your options. Good luck!

Alan :D

GinKu
12-07-2002, 07:20 AM
hey alan thanx for the info
ok i've narrow down what has to be down to the fish now
what he has is a open wound and it's gonna be turned to fungus i need to cure him but i don't know what product to use? any ideals?

oh ya alan remember when u gave me that box of chemicals well in the yellow bag there was 2 white bags and in there, there was some sort of power can u tell me what they are?

AJ_77
12-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Tony, I couldn't tell you what those bags contain - much of that stuff I didn't even use, and would advise you to take great care with it unless it's clearly labelled. To be safe chuck it, sorry.

Alan :D

GinKu
12-12-2002, 02:03 PM
haha alan alright well i didn't touch it neways

well i have great news my coral beauty has healed it sore
and after a week it has come out and swimming around the tank
it has lost alot of weight...right now i'm trying to feed it with some mysid food soak with some garlic for now hofully it will eat cuz it look like it's searching for something

Bob I
12-12-2002, 09:09 PM
You want to remember that Dwarf Angels are grazers. If you have live rock he will get some sustenance from grazing on that. I just bought a Lemonpeel (after my heraldi died). After a 10 minute freshwater dip, i put him in the tank. He is already picking at my LR. :D :D

GinKu
12-13-2002, 08:39 PM
my fish won't come out now
i have nori for it to it
brine shirmp should hatch tonight again
i'd tried flakes, mysid shrimps
and it's been 1 week and 1 day since i got him
he seems find just seems stubborn to eat
today he hasn't come out at all
grr should i put him in my q tank and feed him from there?

GinKu
12-15-2002, 03:14 AM
i'm so sad he's almost dead now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'd put him in my q tank now hopfully he'll come back to life!

pierremtl
01-02-2003, 04:43 PM
hey alan thanx for the info
ok i've narrow down what has to be down to the fish now
what he has is a open wound and it's gonna be turned to fungus i need to cure him but i don't know what product to use? any ideals?

oh ya alan remember when u gave me that box of chemicals well in the yellow bag there was 2 white bags and in there, there was some sort of power can u tell me what they are?

I use Melafix....for 10 days...in a small hospital...it work...