PDA

View Full Version : Clown is hosting anything

Kronk
04-21-2007, 12:27 AM
I have 2 clowns in my 20g and a GBTA, a female true perc has claimed the GBTA and a little saddleback that is only able to get into it at night when the tank lights go off and she cant chase him out. Anyways during the day he is trying to host my candycane coral ,and its ****ed off, shriveled up and not sending out feeders. Will the candy cane adapt or will it die ? any ideas on how to get him to stop?

Thanks,
Ken

Dragonsteeth
04-21-2007, 12:42 AM
I recently moved a rock that has a large mushroom on it and now the open mushroom is horizontal. My clown now lies on it for most of the day. Before i moved the rock he/she only flirted with mushrooms every now and again.

BCOrchidGuy
04-21-2007, 04:51 AM
Clowns will host in anything that's got some wiggly parts, mine are fond of frogspawn, hammer corals, Long Tent. plate corals so far, but they like the BTA the best. They can bug the heck out of corals and if it's not liking the way things are chances are it wont adapt. My suggestions are either get another BTA or get a new home for the clown, it's their nature to host in something. Seeing as your tank is a 20 gallon a second BTA may not be the best bet but on the other hand it depends on what you want and where you want to go with the tank.

Doug

Kronk
04-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Yah i would like to add more color to the tank and one maurading BTA is already proving trouble with the other corals when it moves.

justinl
04-21-2007, 05:05 PM
try a toadstool (sarcophyton). apparently those are the best clown hosts after anemones.