PDA

View Full Version : Happy Day

Acro
01-14-2002, 01:07 PM
Well it's 9:15 and I just finished feeding my fish and what did I notices but the copperband grabbing at and eating the preped food I added. 2 months after adding the fish. woooo hooooo hope he keeps it up.I know no one needs to know this but I even did a little dance Later Jamie images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DJ88
01-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Right on.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif that is soemthing good to see Jamie!

Acro
01-17-2002, 03:22 PM
Well it's been a great week with the copperband. I first noticed the above event, then tried to duplicate it the next day with out success.So that evening just after lights out with the room lit so it was not dark in the tank I decided to attempt feeding again and to my amazement the copperband chowed huge. I did this twice with great success and this morning fed the tank again and the copperband came out to eat and not just the odd peice he chowed again.He has come out with great aggresion as I pass the tank with hopes of another feeding. I beleive he is now trained to take food and next will attempt hand training.I want to make it clear that it has taken over 2months to get a prepared food feeding responce from this fish. I believe if he did not have the abundace of feather dusters and other live forms in the tank he now calls home he would have not have made it through this lengthy acclimation period. And yet time will still be needed to determen the long term success of this fish in it's current home