PDA

View Full Version : WTB Macro Algae

Ticketyboo
04-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi all... im setting up a refuge in both my tanks and would like to know if there is anyone with any suggesions on what Macro Algae to buy and if they have any for sale?

Thanks in advance.

David

fishface
04-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Hi all... im setting up a refuge in both my tanks and would like to know if there is anyone with any suggesions on what Macro Algae to buy and if they have any for sale?

Thanks in advance.

David
man, i just chucked a bunch. i made a post asking if anyone wanted any but got nada. if you can't find any...i'll most likely have some chaeto in a few weeks or so. it's generally preferred because it's easy and won't do the whole sexual thang...

Ticketyboo
04-19-2007, 11:46 PM
sexual what?? ... ok can you explain that? im still green to this so not sure what that means.... is that a good thing or a bad thing?? should i get the webcam setup on it? :biggrin:

fishface
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
:lol: not quite as exciting as that but some macros, caulerpa for instance can undergo a reproduction cycle which will mess up your water quality and is quite nasty apparently. i've never experienced personally...the macro thing that is :mrgreen:

reference: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/nftt/index.php

Ticketyboo
04-20-2007, 12:17 AM
ok so if you have some in a few weeks, i would be greatefull.... so keep me informed... any maybe offer some tips on the whole macro algae thing :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-20-2007, 12:24 AM
PM sent. Got some different macros growing that do not go sexual (& pollute your tank).

Anthony

Ticketyboo
04-20-2007, 12:37 AM
pm sent back :biggrin: