PDA

View Full Version : How Cell Phones Are Killing Off Gorillas

bulletsworld
04-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I thought since were all animal lovers here. I came across this article from the San Diego news. Found it interesting, about cell phones & Gorillas.

http://www.cbs8.com/features/consumer_alert/story.php?id=28229

Quagmire
04-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Nice find.Too bad there isn't more of this sort of thing reported in the news where the masses can see it, and make a simple change in habit if they are so inclined.As it is we go about our buisiness usualy none the wiser.

Delphinus
04-19-2007, 11:51 PM
I heard about this at the Calgary Zoo.

You can actually turn in your old cell phones to the Calgary Zoo, and they will in turn pass these along to companies who can recover the Coltan for recycling into new phones, thus relieving some pressure on the mining of this ore.

justinl
04-19-2007, 11:55 PM
not just calgary zoo. there are other places where you can recycle your cellies too. don't ask me where though. I do know there is a drop off at my school (SFU) and at the Vancouver Aquarium where I work.

mr_alberta
04-20-2007, 12:04 AM
I heard a thing on the radio the other day about how cell phones are killing bees as well.

Albert Einstein speculated that "If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would only have four years of life left." :eek:

Quagmire
04-20-2007, 12:20 AM
I heard that also,it had something to do with interfering with thier homing device/instinct? and they can't find thier way back to the hive.

bulletsworld
04-20-2007, 04:33 AM
I heard a thing on the radio the other day about how cell phones are killing bees as well.

Albert Einstein speculated that "If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would only have four years of life left." :eek:

:eek:: Wowzers I never heard about that. :eek: Interesting indeedy. Hope bee's don't disappear. :eek:

I actually purchased a new cell phone (LG Chocolate) the other day and as I'm reading in the manual it says to make sure to keep the phone is POINT 0. centimeters away and never rest the back part (battery) against you. :eek: I put the thing in my back pocket or in my lil vest that has only a thin sheet of material between us everyday! :eek: CANCER here we come! :eek: I'll have to grab the manual to tell you the exact but it even said if the belt clip has any metal in it, that it should never be used as it can transmit.

:eek:

Zylumn
04-20-2007, 04:55 AM
Its not just the EMF's that cause cancer that are killing people but " how many cell phones does it take to cause a car accident?? "