PDA

View Full Version : RHF Ca and Alk Suppliments

BCOrchidGuy
04-19-2007, 05:08 AM
Well I mixed up some of the Dowflake Ca suppliment and the baked baking soda Alk suppliment and following the recommended dosage I've been adding 12mls of each daily. My Ca went from about 420 and is now at 380, my Mg is down to 1280, my Alk is getting low as well, and finally pH is holding steady at 8. I'm seeing coraline algae growth, nice polyp extention and decent growth on some of my SPS, none on my Caps though (at least not that I've noticed). My LTA is doing fine, moving around a lot, my blasto that isn't a blasto is doing VERY well, my brain is feeding like a starved dog and my fish are all doing just ducky.
I'm going to increase my doses from 12mls a day to 15 for two weeks then go up another 2mls/day.
I suppliment my magnesium with Kent Tech M which I add at the minimum recommended dose once a week. I also dose BioSea Iodine and Essential elements
All in all I'm very happy with the Randy Holmes Farley suppliments, if you've been thinking of trying it, I can give it my thumbs up.

Doug