PDA

View Full Version : Flasher wrasse

christyf5
12-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm thinking of getting a flasher wrasse (scarletfin from seacare). Anyone want to share their experiences?? Basically I'm looking for info on whether they are crab/shrimp munchers as I would eventually like to add a pair of cleaner shrimp to my tank.

TIA
Christy :)

Aquattro
12-04-2002, 04:58 PM
Christy, from what I've read, you'll be fine. I was going to get one once and did a fair amount of reading.

Troy F
12-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Make sure they can't get out of the tank! They won't harm crabs/shrimp/snails but take food from the water column. Once established they can hold their own in a peaceful aquarium and may pick on other similar fish. I may add one or more in the future, very nice fishes.

naesco
12-05-2002, 12:15 AM
They are jumpers.
Unless you have an enclosed tank and take care when you are in there cleaning etc. they are not a good choice. Otherwise they are beautiful fish.

christyf5
12-05-2002, 01:23 AM
Yes I do have a fully enclosed tank except for my overflow area and maybe I should put something around that area (its about 2x2 inches of space that I can fill. Do you think there would be a problem having a center brace?? Its about 6 inches wide. Should I build something that is fishproof for that??
So when I'm cleaning this fish is liable to fly out of the tank?? Man that is one excitable fish. I thought my firefish were bad. Every once in awhile one attempts to cook itself on the metal halides.

Thanks for all the replies. Keep em coming if you have more info!
Christy :)