PDA

View Full Version : Gone!!!

saltaddict
04-15-2007, 12:22 AM
I bought an open brain coral a week ago and yesterday it started to look pretty bad. It hasnt gotten any better today so...... If you would like to rescue it then come get it. For Free or trade for a frag of any sort. Thanks -Steve-

04scoobysti
04-15-2007, 12:43 AM
pm'd

Neil
04-15-2007, 12:48 AM
hold onto it if you like it- mine got pretty upset with me when i put it in my tank- took a couple weeks but i thought it was a goner- they are pretty hardy corals- just tempermental at times

Der_Iron_Chef
04-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah...mine is a beauty, but sometimes at random it closes up and looks pretty rough. I don't know what it is. Where have you placed it? What kind of flow? Lighting?

ponokareefer
04-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Hi steve,

I got a brain coral a while back and it didn't look very good for probably a month. Unless the fleshly part is actually gone from the skeleton, it will probably recover. The fleshly part on mine was stuck right to the skeleton with very little color for most of the month, but slowly, it came back. Now it is doing better and better.

Ryan

saltaddict
04-15-2007, 03:55 AM
My buddy put the brain coral in his tank. Thanks for the response. The fleshy part was melting away from the skeleton and it was puking its guts out. Real bad looking. hopefully it recovers...not so sure.

Neil
04-15-2007, 04:25 AM
The fleshy part was melting away from the skeleton and it was puking its guts out. Real bad looking. hopefully it recovers...not so sure.

thats exactly what mine did- i was just about to take it out of the tank fearing it would pollute my tank.