PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had too many anemones?

Tangman
04-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Well today I thinned out my anemones, I had about 30
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Penny_083.jpg
At first I was careful to try to not harm them ,as I'm passionate about saving every thing, but as I tried and tried I killed about 7, leaves me feeling unhappy, but they were taking over the tank. On a positive note I saved about 10, I will see how that goes in time .
Does anyone what a green with red tipped anemone ?
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Penny_077.jpg

krisalexander
04-14-2007, 06:58 PM
I would take the anenome. I have been looking for one like that how big is it?

Kris

Tangman
04-14-2007, 07:00 PM
When fully open they range from about 4 to 10 inches

krisalexander
04-14-2007, 07:04 PM
are you coming from mission to anywhere in the next couple of days?
I am in Langley, but could meet you somewhere? if your going to a store or something?

Thanks,
Kris

Tangman
04-14-2007, 09:57 PM
are you coming from mission to anywhere in the next couple of days?
I am in Langley, but could meet you somewhere? if your going to a store or something?

Thanks,
Kris
Not planning any trips , but if I do ( usaully J&L or Pet Zoo ) I will PM you or you could PM me with your number

Der_Iron_Chef
04-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Wow....that's amazing with all those anemones in there! Stunning. Do they bother your clam(s)?

Tangman
04-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow....that's amazing with all those anemones in there! Stunning. Do they bother your clam(s)?
NOPE :biggrin:

Ticketyboo
04-14-2007, 10:50 PM
ok guys, im probably going to go to Tangmans tomorrow to buy his sump, so if anyone wants any of his annenomies and dont want to travel to mission, let me know and i can pick them up.... SO LONG AS YOU ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH AND PICK THEM UP AS I DONT WANT TO GET STUCK WITH 10,000 ANNENOMIES!!! :fadein: :mad:

Pm me if you do......

Tangman
04-14-2007, 10:51 PM
WANT TO GET STUCK WITH 10,000 ANNENOMIES!!! :fadein: :mad:
THAT'S funny !!!!!!

DanG
04-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I had one GBTA in my tank that was about 12" across when fully open, it's since split and now I have 2 GBTA's that are about 8 inches across when fully open. They take up a huge chunk of my tank. I'd get rid of one, but my maroon clown won't let me near either of them. They're his and his alone. Takes a good swipe at me if I get too close while cleaning the glass.

Ruth
04-15-2007, 04:13 PM
That's amazing - I have 3 anemones in my 190g. One sebae and 2 RBTA's that used to be one. All are quite large - probably up to 15" when fully expanded. I would love it if the RBTA's would split some more and really fill out the tank.
If I lived closer I would definately buy a couple of your anemones.

Kronk
04-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I am in the same boat my nem just started to split the other day and my clowns guard it, i wanted to get rid of the nem because it moves every few months and stings the crap out of my other corals but i am getting a MH light soon so i hope that might make it happier.

Has anyone tried making "bomies" for there BTAs apparently you just separate a rock from other rocks and the glass and the nem wont stray off it.

morph
04-15-2007, 04:50 PM
pm sent

Tangman
04-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I had one GBTA in my tank that was about 12" across when fully open, it's since split and now I have 2 GBTA's that are about 8 inches across when fully open. They take up a huge chunk of my tank. I'd get rid of one, but my maroon clown won't let me near either of them. They're his and his alone. Takes a good swipe at me if I get too close while cleaning the glass.
Ya, I have a Maroon in my 30G where I am keeping the extra anemones that bites so hard it draws blood !