PDA

View Full Version : Xenia frags (Montreal)

pajean
12-04-2002, 04:24 AM
I have Xenia frags to trade, drop me an email to let me know what you have in exchange.

Not interested in shipping, sorry !

I have 5 or 6 nice frags (3 to 4 inches tall).

PA

EmilyB
12-04-2002, 04:37 AM
but who would honestly pay to ship xenia anyway... :lol: :shock:

pajean
12-04-2002, 04:39 AM
Ha! Ha! :wink:

Bob I
12-04-2002, 07:49 PM
but who would honestly pay to ship xenia anyway... :lol: :shock:

True, but I saw something even sillier. Somebody in Edmonchuk was trying to sell some for $15.00/frag. I was thinking of going up there, and setting up a stand on some streeetcorner. :D :D :D :D :D

kgb
12-04-2002, 11:45 PM
hey rcipema why would they become enemys if you gave em some ? i dont understand is xenia a bad thing

Delphinus
12-05-2002, 04:45 AM
It's not really "bad" but it can grow like a weed and get everywhere...

Mak
12-05-2002, 05:03 AM
True, but I saw something even sillier. Somebody in Edmonchuk was trying to sell some for $15.00/frag. I was thinking of going up there, and setting up a stand on some streeetcorner. :D :D :D :D :D

It seems to me that giving someone Xenia is the quickest way to turn a friend into an enemy. :P

Haha, I saw a medium sized Aiptasia for $20 :shock: :roll: :lol:

Bob I
12-05-2002, 04:23 PM
hey rcipema why would they become enemys if you gave em some ? i dont understand is xenia a bad thing

I removed that statement from the post, as I did not mean "enemy". I don't consider the person who gave me Xenia an enemy. It is just that Xenia tends to be weedy, and selling frags seems funny, when you can usually get all you want for free. :shock:

russell
12-06-2002, 04:42 AM
Geez i think i might be the guy from Edmonchuk. Maybe not i was asking $10. I don't understand why that's so silly?? At $10 that's still half the price of what JL and Saltwater connection sell their Xenia frags for. You rarely see Xenia in any LFS' around here. Although last week i did see a large very large piece at big Al's for $200. Now that was silly...
Duaine

Bob I
12-06-2002, 07:18 PM
Geez i think i might be the guy from Edmonchuk. Maybe not i was asking $10. I don't understand why that's so silly?? At $10 that's still half the price of what JL and Saltwater connection sell their Xenia frags for. You rarely see Xenia in any LFS' around here. Although last week i did see a large very large piece at big Al's for $200. Now that was silly...
Duaine

It is just that Xenia seems to be the dandelion of the Reef World. Once it gets onto your live rock, you are stuck with it forever. If you can keep it isolated there is no problem. I don't see it at my LFS either. That is probably because you can get all you want and more for free. :D

The thing that is really funny is that offered some really nice frags of what is sometimes called "White Colt" or Cladiella sp. , which is an excellent low bushy coral that does not get weedy for the very reasonable price of $15.00, I got no responses. :( :(

enzo54321
12-17-2002, 04:05 AM
I live in Montreal too, How much for your frags?

seadog
12-22-2002, 06:54 PM
Hey enzo and pajean,

I live in Pierrefonds and would love to chat to possibly buy or trade frags.
Setting up a DSB after Christmas so would have to wait until after that (as far as introducing anything new to my tank). Have 30 or 40 nice red mushrooms with blue dots.All from one loose mushroom given to me a year or so ago.Would be glad to pay it forward ,so to speak. Also could pool orders to save on shipping,etc... Ordering a custodian package and a tiger tail cuke from J&L Aquatics to be shipped January 2nd shipped to Dorval. Let me know if you need livestock. My e-mail is erikl@videotron.ca
Any other Montreal (or willing to drive) area reefers that want to contact me I'd be glad to hear from you. Maybe we could set up some kind of informal club? Meet once a month , trade frags ,that kind of thing.

Hope to hear from you guys!

Erik

flat worm
01-05-2003, 02:51 PM
Louis 418 683 8002 thx

Dez
01-05-2003, 03:12 PM
I don't think selling xenia is a crime Bob... at $10 or $15 bucks a frag... People love 'em....especially the pulsing variety. It's my wife's favourite coral.

I bet that if there were a ton (maybe 30 or more) of xenias at any fish store in Edmonon at $10 - $15 a frag. They would be sold out within a week. Almost guaranteed. I work in a fish store and I know they would sell.

Xenia is a tough shipper....that's probably why you don't see em at many lfs's. Unless you are all out in the hobby, many people love to see things reproducing in their tanks. Especially if it's just a softies tank...they aren't really an aggressive coral to other corals (unless it's in a stony tank).

Maybe some of the more advanced hobbyists don't like em....but in the right tank...they are awesome...

Des