PDA

View Full Version : compatability of carpenter's wrasse

justinl
04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Okay so im looking into getting a carpenter's flasher wrasse for my 60gal tank. The cohabitants will be a foxface, yellowtail damsel (very docile), and a valentini puffer. I don't see why there would be a compatability issue, but i just wanted to make sure by running it past you guys.

revgeoff
05-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I am a huge wrasse fan!!
When I picked up my first two flasher wrasses I had pretty much the same crew (plus a couple more fish) and everyone seemed to get along ok. Damsels can be a pain though. Make sure you cover the top of your tank. I have had several wrasses jump out of my tank...even the two inches of space at the back. Now its all glass and egg-crate!

corpusse
05-12-2007, 06:13 PM
should be fine but as already mentioned make sure your tank is tightly covered! I just lost my male through a 3/4 inch gap. Also you should consider getting a pair the females are really under rated and beautiful imo.

Moogled
05-14-2007, 07:16 PM
FYI, if you're planning to get more wrasses in the future, you should probably consider adding them at the same time now.

justinl
05-15-2007, 07:36 PM
lol! tx for the info guys, but the carpenters wrasse has already come and gone. had it for a week or so then it died. within two weeks all my other fish died of ich. so yeah... restocking now... but hey, maybe ill get another carpenters wrasse? well see. definitely gonna quarantine evrything this time around though. im still kicking myself for not doin it in the first place.